Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem router switching Computer on/off

This is a discussion on Sagem router switching Computer on/off within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Recently I have been experiencing probs with my sagem router/Computer. I use it with a LAN ethernet connection, Everything is ...

H652 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Starbeck N Yorks
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Exclamation Sagem router switching Computer on/off

Recently I have been experiencing probs with my sagem router/Computer.
      I use it with a LAN ethernet connection, Everything is turned off at cease work. If I
      boot up my comp then switch on the router sometimes it connects,other times the comp restarts which seems to be controlled by the router, again sometimes its Ok others it locks up the comp but the router sets up OK.If I leave the router switched on when I boot the comp it gets so far then locks up, there seems no logic to all this .Any ideas please?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sagem router switching Computer on/off

I take it the PC starts and runs OK when not connected to the router?

Two things you can try, first is try another ethernet cable.

Second, go to the network card manufacturers website and download the latest drivers. Uninstall the old drivers and install the new.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

H652 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Starbeck N Yorks
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Thanks, Yes the Computer runs Fine on it's own,and everything works well when I eventually get it all working together. I will try the cable(are they different for seperate manufacturers?),but am not sure what a network card is. Is it The VIA Rhine 2 fast ethernet adaptor which shows as working Ok in System Properties.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Ethernet cables are generic, except that some are straight through and some cross over. You want the former.

It looks like the drivers for your adapter are fairly old, so you probably have the latest ones. It would do no harm to reinstall anyway as they may have become corrupted. If you are using a P.B. get them here - Network - Via Rhine 2 Fast Ethernet Controller drivers - 7032610000 - Downloads - EasyNote E6 series - platform_Lynx_K8 - Notebook or preferably direct from the chip manufacturer here - VIA Drivers Download - VIA Technologies, Inc. For the Via site you will need to know the actual chipset, you can find this by downloading this application - |MG| EVEREST Free Edition 2.20 Download

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.