Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

charging for out of warranty routers

This is a discussion on charging for out of warranty routers within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; But given that O2, UKOline etc say that you can use your own router but when you call them for ...

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: charging for out of warranty routers

But given that O2, UKOline etc say that you can use your own router but when you call them for technical support you must plug their own one in.

Sky went down the more complicated route of doing what they did and now what ever they do it's the wrong thing.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

2. Advertisement
      Bluenose is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had the original DG834 router that must easily be coming close to 3 years old where it lately was intermittently disconnecting with no real indication of why (other than the router starting to fail).

Contacted sky and they tried to blame the problems on many things one of which was the fact that my wife's laptop uses Internet Explorer.

After enough arguing they agreed to send a router as long as i paid them 28.

I refused and gave up because i had to go to work.

Phoned them the next day and decided i would try and twist their arm by using my sky protection plan as a way of getting them to send me a new router and after getting switched between 4 departments i got someone who agreed to send one out free of charge via the protection plan.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sorry to bump this old thread, but just to update this OOW router charges situation. I'm not sure if it's for the better or worse, but sky have suggested that agents can use their discretion and replace OOW routers for free if you deem it right. For instance, when a customer has had to ring in with non stop technical problems only to be confronted with a 28 pound charge for a new router, then it may be replaced for free.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123