Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless connectivity problems.

This is a discussion on Wireless connectivity problems. within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, To cut to the chase; I have the dark gray Sagem router from sky and the wireless range on ...

ralphsaunders is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Wireless connectivity problems.

Hi,

To cut to the chase; I have the dark gray Sagem router from sky and the wireless range on it is useless.

I'm not to interested in trying to get better performance from it (I have already switched it from auto to channel 01 and changed to 54g performance etc).

What I do want to know is how I can do one of two things; Swap it out for another wireless router (I have one spare already) or hook up the spare router I have via ethernet to the Sagem router to form a bridge of some sort.

I am aware the first option will break the ToS but quite frankly its either trying these two things or going to another ISP.

Thank you

Ralph.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Wireless connectivity problems.

I have already switched it from auto to channel 01 and changed to 54g performance
      There are another 12 channels you can try. The best channel is the one with least interference, download Inssider from the link below, this will show the channels in use in your area. Choose one as far from those in use as possible.

It is possible to connect your other router to the Sky one by ethernet, to use its wireless capabilities. I would try changing the channel on your Sky one first.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thank you for your fast response.

After trying channels 1 through 13 the problems persist. Inssider showed that the only channel that wasn't taken was channel 8 but that was no better than the others.

How would I go about hooking the spare router up to the sky one?

Thank you
      Ralph.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

ralphsaunders
      Hi have a look at the link might help Boost Wireless Range - How To Expand the Range of a WiFi Network also this thread might give you some ideas Using 2 sky routers - same network? Here is a couple more help needed please in setting up LAN with 2 AP/routers at least it tells you can join two routers wireless that is without the ethernet cable Using 2 routers I hope one works for you
      Last edited by steve16751; 15-02-10 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Added some more info

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks Steve. I'll try it over the weekend and the post back here with results

janie215 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01283
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

[QUOTE=Isitme;259025]There are another 12 channels you can try. The best channel is the one with least interference, download Inssider from the link below, this will show the channels in use in your area. Choose one as far from those in use as possible.

Hi, I have only just joined Sky and am having terrible problems with the distance the Sky (Sagem) router will reach. Im about to take your advice and try different channels however Im on a Mac. Is there an alternative inssider programme for the Mac do you know?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.