Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Turning off firewall on Sagem router?

This is a discussion on Turning off firewall on Sagem router? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Isitme Looking at this - Buffalo Web Access Quickstart you don't need to open any ports, if ...

Agent_Trig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Turning off firewall on Sagem router?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Looking at this - Buffalo Web Access Quickstart you don't need to open any ports, if you have UPnP enabled. What happens when you try to use this?

No matter what system you use you really need to use a DynamicDNS. If you don't, a change in your IP address, which can happen at any time, will stop your connection.
      I have had UPnP enabled on my router and there is also a check-box for this within the LinkStation's Web Access settings, but when I check it and click apply, I get an error message shortly after and it defaults back to unchecked (this is within the NAS settings) - I can try this again when I am at home later and post back the exact error message if that helps?

The exact model number for my Buffalo LinkStation Pro drive is LS-XH1.0TL

What is a DynamicDNS? And how do I set that up as I have noticed that my external IP address has been changing everynow and then.

Thanks for looking into this guys - much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have a look here for DDNS - DynDNS.com - Services -- Dynamic DNS Free (DDNS) Service it is free

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Agent_Trig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Have a look here for DDNS - DynDNS.com - Services -- Dynamic DNS Free (DDNS) Service it is free
      Thanks for that, I'll take a look at it. How does this stop my external IP address from changing?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It does not stop it from changing. It tracks when it is changed and makes the necessary changes to your address. This is how it works - DynDNS.com - Support -- Knowledge Base -- How Dynamic DNS (DDNS) Works

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12