Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Which Router?

This is a discussion on Which Router? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey, I'm sure this is a question which has been asked many times before, Which router out of the 3, ...

danny92 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hednesford, Staffordshire
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Smile Which Router?

Hey,

I'm sure this is a question which has been asked many times before, Which router out of the 3, Is Best for both wireless range and reliability overall. At the current house i am living at i'm using the white DG834GT router which seems to be working fine not so good at times.

I was just curious to see if the black netgear v2 router or the sagem was actually better than the current white router?

I have also used the black router before elsewhere and seemed to find the wireless signal stupidly low and it disconnected often im no sure if this was faulty etc.

So which router would you guys say is best out of the 3 routers including sagem.

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      dsldude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Which Router?

DG834GT has external aerial so has slight advantage over Sagem, have you tried different wifi channels on your Netgear

Thanks

Wink Re: Which Router?

Quote Originally Posted by dsldude View Post
      DG834GT has external aerial so has slight advantage over Sagem, have you tried different wifi channels on your Netgear
      Hey,

Thanks for the reply, I am currently using the white router where the signal is meh its ok. It fluctuates between 2 and 4 bars but i only recieve a connection of 2 or 4 meg when in use upstairs as i live in a big ish house, I'm currently using a Linksys WRT45G with DD-WRT firmware to act as a wireless switch which gives me full bar signal and my maximum speed of 14 - 16 meg.

Different channels doesn't effect the outcome.

I was just curious if i would benefit more by upgrading to one of the two black boxes for reliability and possibly signal strength which isnt really a big worry at the moment as my DD-Wrt is doing well.

Thanks

dsldude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Cant see you getting anything better than you have now with that Linksys,
      here is a test I did though of all the Sky routers if you wish to see differences
      Coming Soon: Best Router For Sky BB

If your using that Linksys as a access point you could always move it closer to where you need coverage and join it to the Sky router ether with a longer Ethernet cable or even some home-plugs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsldude View Post
      Cant see you getting anything better than you have now with that Linksys,
      here is a test I did though of all the Sky routers if you wish to see differences
      Coming Soon: Best Router For Sky BB

If your using that Linksys as a access point you could always move it closer to where you need coverage and join it to the Sky router ether with a longer Ethernet cable or even some home-plugs.
      Thanks for your help, I was possibly thinking of asking sky for a new one to test out before they start charging your post really helped thanks!