Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

dg934g to WAG320N

This is a discussion on dg934g to WAG320N within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hi guys ive noticed this linksys router has gigabit ethernets and wondered if its worth changing my sky router to ...

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

dg934g to WAG320N

hi guys ive noticed this linksys router has gigabit ethernets and wondered if its worth changing my sky router to this router. i have the user name and password and ive read other posts here that they changed there sky router and didnt get punished for using a different router if this is the case im changing. mine and wondered do you guys think its a good upgrade going from 10/100 ports to 10/100/1000. i also have a spare pc which im not using and im using this pc for file networking sharing files over my network

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: dg934g to WAG320N

don't forget all your network will have to have gigabit network cards otherwise they will just run at the fastest that their network card can run.

You could keep the Sky router as the incoming router and either use the Linkysys router as a switch, or it should be cheaper just to get a gigabit switch for your internal network.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: dg934g to WAG320N

well its funny you mention switches as i have planned for 2 gigabit switches to replace my two old switches the problem is one is gigabit and the other is 10/100 this one was a cheap one i bought from microdirect only cost 10 15 pound ive got my eyes on this netgear one on amazon er il give link heres link: Netgear GS108T ProSafe 8 Port Gigabit Smart Switch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

i have to say its a nice switch but 99 pound for 1 is abit crazy but you get what you pay for thease days il be getten thease switches at the same time as the wag router from linksys as for the sky router it only has 10/100 ports on which is why i want all of my network to have gigabit ports to make it better