Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Hang Wireless Router off Sky ADSL Modem?

This is a discussion on Hang Wireless Router off Sky ADSL Modem? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; A friend asked me to see if his wireless modem could be connected to his non-wireless sky adsl modem. I ...

quarkrad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hang Wireless Router off Sky ADSL Modem?

A friend asked me to see if his wireless modem could be connected to his non-wireless sky adsl modem. I connected a netgear wireless modem (cable modem) to one of the ethernet ports on the Sky modem after previously having configured wireless between the wireless modem and the laptop. The wireless router and the Sky adsl modem appeared to configure each other and I obtained a connection. I could surf the web from the laptop wireless. Unfortunately I could not switch on the hard wired PC that was connected to the Sky adsl modem - needed to test the broadband speed. This was because although I had a wireless connection it was amazingly slow - 325 kbs. My friend was not sure what broadband speed he has (I assume 2MB) so 35 kbs is slow. Is it possible that although I had a internet connection between the wireless cable modem and the Sky adsl modem the configuration details were not correct?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Hang Wireless Router off Sky ADSL Modem?

All Sky routers have wireless.