Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router Reset?

This is a discussion on Router Reset? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok recently I switched off wireless on my Sky router (Black Netgear one) but just the other day when checking ...

Redman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Router Reset?

Ok recently I switched off wireless on my Sky router (Black Netgear one) but just the other day when checking stats in the router I noticed everything under the wireless settings had been turned back on including my old WPA security password, I was like wtf how could that happen? Then just today I noticed everything under my services and firewall settings that I was port forwarding had been removed and I had to input them all manually again. So can anyone explain how this has happened? Please don't say it's someone in the house, I live alone unless my dog did it. Can Sky reset the router and if so why?

A very annoyed Redman

2. Advertisement
      nick73 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Neston
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Thanks

Re: Router Reset?

Souunds similar to what I had.
      Router reset

moody_mark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Thanks

Did you have the unit powered off for long? I dont know how long they would retain the settings for. I would say indefinitely if it uses an EEPROM, but not sure. Did the logs get reset too? I would say try it again by changing some basic settings and power off / on again, if its not retaining the settings Id ask for a replacement.

Then again, I wouldnt rule out your dog... pavlov had a particularly clever dog apparently

Redman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moody_mark View Post
      Did you have the unit powered off for long? I dont know how long they would retain the settings for. I would say indefinitely if it uses an EEPROM, but not sure. Did the logs get reset too? I would say try it again by changing some basic settings and power off / on again, if its not retaining the settings Id ask for a replacement.

Then again, I wouldnt rule out your dog... pavlov had a particularly clever dog apparently
      Router hasn't been off in months, I did read Nick73's post and it appears that we have the same problem, I'll call Sky and explain the problem and see if they will replace the router.

Thanks for the replies.

Redman