Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fao of all users looking to use vpn

This is a discussion on Fao of all users looking to use vpn within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; got informed a couple of weeks ago but been busy with other stuff. We will now be sending an update ...

The_Batman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 028
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Fao of all users looking to use vpn

got informed a couple of weeks ago but been busy with other stuff. We will now be sending an update down the line for any customer wanting to use vpn on the sky routers. This update will take around a week to get to your box

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Fao of all users looking to use vpn

You did mention it Working from home on Sky broadband

I wonder if anyone has tried. Probably be met by a blank stare from T1, you will not be able to see it of course.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

garycat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

What is (was) the issue with VPN?

I successfully used Juniper Network Connect 6.3.0 to VPN to my workspace at the weekend.

Thanks

What is (was) the issue with VPN?
      It depends on the VPN client used, some will just not work with the existing firmware. What I don't understand is that if Sky have updated firmware, why don't they release it to all? Why force users (at their own expense*) to go through Tier1 agents, many off whom will not even know what firmware is?

*Not all are on Sky Talk.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You did mention it Working from home on Sky broadband

I wonder if anyone has tried. Probably be met by a blank stare from T1, you will not be able to see it of course.

to be honest i agree with you

Scoot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01342
      Thanks

Hi, I've had loads of problems with getting a Nortel VPN client to work. The DisableIkePort500Use registry hack was working OK but that now too has mysteriously stopped working.

The good news is I just called Sky Broadband support and spoke to the tier 1 support guy. Initially he said he couldn't help with VPN problems and said I should talk to my network administrator. However, I told him that I was aware that the Sagem was incompatible with Nortel and that I knew there was a firmware upgrade.

He agreed to check his technical bulletins and then came back and said there was indeed an upgrade specifically for those of us that use Nortel. Apparently the bulletin came out a couple of days ago. He was very helpful and has scheduled my firmware to be pushed to my router on Wednesday 23rd Dec.

Thanks for the heads up Batman. Without the inside information I wouldn't have got anywhere!!

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up Batman. Without the inside information I wouldn't have got anywhere!!
      Maybe you should click his 'Say Thank You' button as a token of your appreciation, that's what it's there for

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
      Hi, I've had loads of problems with getting a Nortel VPN client to work. The DisableIkePort500Use registry hack was working OK but that now too has mysteriously stopped working.

The good news is I just called Sky Broadband support and spoke to the tier 1 support guy. Initially he said he couldn't help with VPN problems and said I should talk to my network administrator. However, I told him that I was aware that the Sagem was incompatible with Nortel and that I knew there was a firmware upgrade.

He agreed to check his technical bulletins and then came back and said there was indeed an upgrade specifically for those of us that use Nortel. Apparently the bulletin came out a couple of days ago. He was very helpful and has scheduled my firmware to be pushed to my router on Wednesday 23rd Dec.

no probz, glad i could be of some help

Scoot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01342
      Thanks

Batman, thank you button has been deservedly pressed. :-)

The day of my firmware upgrade has come and gone and there is no upgrade, I'm still on 1.9Sky. When I originally spoke to the Sky support guy, he told me to wait until the scheduled date and then hold down the reset button on the router for a minimum of 15 seconds. Well I've done this and all it does is put the box back to factory default. Does anyone know how to force a firmware upgrade that has been scheduled for my box?

Thanks

You can't really force an upgrade, all you can do is re-boot the router to force a reconnection with the exchange. It is better to do this by pulling the power plug out for a couple of minutes then put it back in. Remember this type of upgrade might not change the Version number, did you try your VPN?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast