Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

poor wireless range with sagem router

This is a discussion on poor wireless range with sagem router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; i have moved to sky broadband from Virgin Media and I use to use a Belkin 54G wireless router in ...

BS14GUY is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01275
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

poor wireless range with sagem router

i have moved to sky broadband from Virgin Media and I use to use a Belkin 54G wireless router in my house without any issues. Now i use a Sagem router as provided by Sky and as we live in a 3 storey house I have been expereincing connection issues in the top floor of the house. I have now moved the sagem router to the 1st floor (middle of the house) connected it all and it all works ok, but the wireless coverage seems poor.

My son in his bedroom on the top floor and using my laptop in the lounge on the ground floor both seem to experience slow and poor signal strength from the sagem router.

Anyone know if this is a limitation of this router or if there is a fix for it or should i go and buy a new wireless router for better performance?

If a new wireless router is the way forward can anyone advise me of a decent router with a good range which isnt going to break the bank?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: poor wireless range with sagem router

If you haven't already, then do the following:

Connect a computer to the router with ethernet cable.

1. Open a browser & type in '192.168.0.1' into the address bar; press enter
      2. Username: admin - Password: sky
      3. Click set-up in the top left
      4. Change the channel from auto-06
      5. Click apply at the bottom of the page

Monitor the wireless signal and if it still gives you bother, then try changing the channel to 13 or try numerous other channels also.