Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sky User - Torrent/XBL problems

This is a discussion on New Sky User - Torrent/XBL problems within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys, We recieved out DG934G yesterday, hooked up to the ADSL and it works ok. However, I'm coming off ...

geekrichie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01902
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

New Sky User - Torrent/XBL problems

Hi guys,

We recieved out DG934G yesterday, hooked up to the ADSL and it works ok. However, I'm coming off using a WGR614v6 with my Virgin Media DSL XXL package which was set up a beauty. Now, even after logging into the router and manually setting every precious port and service up and activating them accordingly my torrent program is just sitting there blank as useful as a block of cheese, and my backup plan of playing XBOX is up the ****ter cause I've 'caught' a Moderate NAT and 3 bar connection (Which is the equivalent of something like a 100ms+ ping.

Its a newish router, so firmware upgrades are unlikley, infact Netgears site suggests the Modem/Router I am using is a myth and its all in my head (which is still a possibility at this moment in time, Swine flu got me seeing stuff thats not there)

All in all I'm racking my little noggin on how to get torrent working so I can catch up with some TV in bed while I'm under the weather, but at this rate I'd be better off hiking through wind and rain to watch it at the missus' place...

2. Advertisement
      joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Re: New Sky User - Torrent/XBL problems

Try this out Netgear DG934G port forwarding for Utorrent
      Try enabling Plug and play to sort out the Xbox issue