Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear DG934G better than Sagem F@ST 2504?

This is a discussion on Netgear DG934G better than Sagem F@ST 2504? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey all so the first router sky sent me was the sagem, which failed in just under a year. So ...

Maximus007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Netgear DG934G better than Sagem F@ST 2504?

Hey all so the first router sky sent me was the sagem, which failed in just under a year. So I called sky and they agreed to send me a new one, I was using my Linksys router because I am on DLM I was moved onto the full sky network. Anyway both the Linksys and Sagem router would either get 4.2-5mb and the connection would become unstable, the new router arrived today which is the netgear version. Which I must say is a lot smaller and lighter then the sagem and also looks different, anyway I'm now getting 5.6mb and it's really stable stats attached.

The point of this post is just to say that the netgear router seems to be far better than the Sagem although the review posted says different. Anyone else had the opposite experience?
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Netgear DG934G better than Sagem F@ST 2504?-router.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Re: Netgear DG934G better than Sagem F@ST 2504?

One could argue that a dying Sagem could be the cause of loss of sync speed and performance. The new router just born of course is full of life. Just a though.
      Also really stable with a snr of 6 db? Sky default snr is 6.9db would suggest noise on the line. The higher the snr the better