Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem Router Issues?

This is a discussion on Sagem Router Issues? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys, I've got an annoying issue with my sagem router. 9 times out of 10 my download speeds drop ...

Ross L is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sagem Router Issues?

Hi guys,

I've got an annoying issue with my sagem router. 9 times out of 10 my download speeds drop to 70-120kb and I have to reboot the router. Once I have rebooted the router (via http://192.168.0.1/sky_diagnostics.html), I then get my normal download speeds of 1.71mb/s to 1.91mb/s). This has been going on for over 2 months now and I am on the Sky Max package.

These are my router stats:

WAN PPPoA 431767 703986 0 0 0 1:42:05
      LAN 15 0 0 0 0 1:43:23
      WLAN 706738 436642 0 58 42 1:42:58
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 16378 kbps 766 kbps
      Line Attenuation 28.0 db 12.7 db
      Noise Margin 7.6 db 15.0 db

I am connected up directly into the test socket.

Any ideas on what is causing this as it is happening on wired and wireless computers.

Thanks in advance,

Ross

2. Advertisement
      doofusuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chatham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router Issues?

Hi ,the trouble you are having is your line noise is to high . most common fault for this is you are too far from your local exchange , and your speed is to high. I had the same problem , you have 2 options.

1. Lower your speed by ringing sky broadband and ask them to cap your speed to 5 meg , they will still charge the same price , but once BT get there finger out you ask them to turn it up , plus you dont get a cap on internet use.

which brings me to the 2nd option

2. As your only get about 2meg at the moment , ask to downgrade to a lower package as you are not get much more than that any way, but the lower packs are capped meaning limits, but they are cheaper.

hope this helped , i took option 1 and am now getting a steady 5 meg on a very old BT phone . You can ring sky and they can have your line tested for the best speed .

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router Issues?

Ignore the above, he must be confusing something

You must be getting some noise on your line, It may be that the noise is causing errors to build up and this is hanging the router. Can you check that all other sockets in the house are dead when you are using the test socket.

It may also be worth running router stats to minitor your connection to see if there is any specific times this is happening.

I'm not sure why Doofusuk would think you will be better on the Base 2mb package as you are clearly syncing at 16mb.