Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Router Died not fun

This is a discussion on Sky Router Died not fun within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, Was online on Friday 25th Sept then all of a sudden router drops and goes to solid amber light, ...

chronic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky Router Died not fun

Hi,
      Was online on Friday 25th Sept then all of a sudden router drops and goes to solid amber light, I reboot but still solid amber light. So I phone Sky go throught the error list they have ie: power off, ect ect... but still nothing then the person passed me over to Tech Dept speak to this guy who blames BT says its a common fault with these routers (have the white one V1) server is not talking to router and BT have to do something at exchange so he makes a job note tells me it be 2-4days to get fixed..

Now later that day I thought what the hell will try my old router from before I was with Sky set it up and BINGO!!! connects first time, so got back on the phone to SKY told them what I had done they was Stumped Big time guy did not a have a clue what to do next, so asked for supervisor and I waited & waited 5mins later this other person came on I explained what had happened and what I had done, silence for few mins then Oh err will will send you a new router out seems yours has broken.

I was not pleased about this when I asked the person about what the Tech Dept had told me about it being a fault with BT they said well thats not true and canceled the job for BT..

So if you router goes solid amber its broken and don't let Sky fob you off with a BT error...

Been working Fine on me old router for 2 days now just shows you.....

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky Router Died not fun

So if you router goes solid amber its broken and don't let Sky fob you off with a BT error...
      It might not have been in your case, but an amber light means the router is not connecting with Sky broadband. More often than not, this is an exchange fault. The strange thing is that in the past Sky would have sent you a new router before even involving BT. They may have changed their procedure, maybe due to the number of times a new router has been of no help. Calling in BT costs more than a new router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

WolvesUser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01902
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Out of interest, how old is the router you have?

chronic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

the sky one was about 16months old

The one I am using now is about 3years old...