Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

"System Up Time" Question

This is a discussion on "System Up Time" Question within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Isitme It could be your line has suddenly become noisier or it could be DLM running. I ...

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: "System Up Time" Question

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It could be your line has suddenly become noisier or it could be DLM running. I am still stumped by why your resync is not causing a drop in the NM. Would you like to try downloading Routerstats Lite, just in case it is a glitch in the tool you are using. Get it from here-
      Internet Software

This will at least give a comparison of the graphs.
      OK, thanks. Got that app up and running. Will report back in a day or 2.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Would you like to try downloading Routerstats Lite, just in case it is a glitch in the tool you are using. Get it from here-
      Internet Software

This will at least give a comparison of the graphs.
      Of course wouldn't you believe it, just has the first 24 hours for ages without this resync!

Also, can't see a way with RouterStatsLite to get a graph for more than the last hour. Is this possible do you know?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Click the Setup tab, then the Capture tab and you can choose where you want to save the Graphs and or Logs. I keep a folder called 'logs' on my desktop to which each graph is saved, for easy access. On the Graphs tab you can set up the sample interval. I use 60secs with 250 points which gives you a graph covering about 4 hours. You can of course extend these to whatever you want.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi again. Well after 3 days of no resync I have just had 2 more in 24 hours - again both at times when SNR margin was quite high. Here is the latest graph. If there is a pattern, it seems to be mostly happening within the first hour of turning on the computer - though I am sure this must be coincidence.

Anyway I can confirm that there is a dip as you describe on the RouterStatsLite graph although this does not show up at all in the Sky Router Tool line - just the sudden increase in SNR margin as the router resyncs.

I did call Sky and asked if my line was in DLM - the guy didn't seem to know what that meant but he did have a look and couldn't see any work scheduled.

So I guess I'll just have to keep monitoring - doesn't do any real harm except to my peace of mind . Maybe when DLM does start it will sort itself out or perhaps my router is just wearing out?
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "System Up Time" Question-snr.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123