Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DG834GT slow in router menu

This is a discussion on DG834GT slow in router menu within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have the white netgear router and it used to be fine but for the last few weeks it has ...

gav425 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Devonport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

DG834GT slow in router menu

I have the white netgear router and it used to be fine but for the last few weeks it has been really slow in the settings menu. I keep getting dns errors, i am set on open dns and still have dns errors.

In the router menu, it takes a long time to load the menu and then if you click on any setting they also take along time to load on screen.

Any ideas?
      gav

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: DG834GT slow in router menu

DNS errors are usually caused by the PC rather than the router. Try opening a Command Prompt and typing ipconfig /flushdns hit Enter.

Negative look ups can also cause problems. If you get a bad address it is only supposed to stay in the cache for a few minutes, but sometimes it lingers. To fix this copy and paste this script by John Navas and save it to your desktop as DNS.reg .
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Dnscache\Parameters]
      "NegativeCacheTime"=dword:00000000
      "NetFailureCacheTime"=dword:00000000
      "NegativeSOACacheTime"=dword:00000000
      This is unlikely to cause any problems but it is always best to Export your Registry settings before you run it. To do this open the Run box and type regedit when the editor opens click File on the Menu bar and select Export. Save it to your desktop where it is easily found. When you have done that double click the DNS.reg file and allow it to execute. Although written for Win2000/XP it will work with Vista.

Try these and see if it helps. If it does not help post back and I will tell you how to fix the Hosts file, which can also cause problems if it is corrupted.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.