Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Constantly losing wireless internet..please help

This is a discussion on Constantly losing wireless internet..please help within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have the new sagem sky router and I am forever losing connection. I always get the 'skyrouter' page load ...

cool_modeve is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry Constantly losing wireless internet..please help

I have the new sagem sky router and I am forever losing connection. I always get the 'skyrouter' page load up saying you have lost connection, and the wireless light flashes orange.

I really dont understand why it does this as minutes later it is fine! Some times I get a sign in message asking for a password and user name which i dont have! and i presume it is not for the website visited. and then after cancelling that i get the 404 error page which loads up black!

Any help would be greatly apprieciated

Thanks
      james

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Constantly losing wireless internet..please help

Quote Originally Posted by cool_modeve View Post

I really dont understand why it does this as minutes later it is fine!
      It's because wireless is prone to all sorts of interference from other electrical devices (e.g. DECT phones, baby alarms, microwave ovens etc), other nearby routers and just general background rf noise.

You may be able to improve things by logging into your router and changing wireless channel (start at C13 and work down until you find the best). Also, keep your router up off the ground and away from any electrical interference.

If you still can't get a good quality signal then consider investing in Homeplugs or run an ethernet cable.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Constantly losing wireless internet..please help

Some times I get a sign in message asking for a password and user name which i dont have! and i presume it is not for the website visited. and then after cancelling that i get the 404 error page which loads up black!
      This was/is a bug in the router firmware. I thought it had been fixed with the latest firmware, but maybe not. Phone Sky and explain what is happening and they may replace your router. If you don't have the latest firmware they may be able to arrange for you to get it. If you have the latest version, then you may need a router exchange.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.