Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem f@st 2504 wireless connection

This is a discussion on Sagem f@st 2504 wireless connection within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi! This is my first post on this forum so don't be mad at me if I posted this in ...

Theswanson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs down Sagem f@st 2504 wireless connection

Hi! This is my first post on this forum so don't be mad at me if I posted this in the wrong section, been looking all over for somewhere to post this :-)

I currentley have the Sky tv, sky talk and sky broadband package, now I get broadband free with this as it is currentley the Base package. But recentley whenever my brother connects to my wireless connection while im on it aswell (he uses a laptop) the speed of my connection suddenley goes down by a huge margin, making me unable to play online on my PS3.

Enough of the story, I'm wondering whether this is due to me having the base package, something wrong with my router or whether this is normal. Fast replies would be helpful! :-)

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sagem f@st 2504 wireless connection

first thing to do with the Sagem is to change the channel from auto to a set number - this can drastically improve wireless - better you ditch it (especially for gaming) and use longer ethernet/homeplugs...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Theswanson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

The lady in the house insists on having wireless, as she doesnt like the DSL cable trailing upstairs where the PS3 is :-(. Even so, whenever I do have my PS3 wired up using a ethernet cable and my brother connects to the wireless the connection slows down too.

I've followed what you said also, and set the channel number to 6, any other replies to pinpoint this problem would help :-).

Donaldson2121 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Post your router stats so we can see what speed your syncing at. It could be that your brother is just sucking all the bandwith available. What is he doing on his laptop? is he running P2P programs to download music etc? If so check that its not starting automatically on startup and taking all your bandwidth up.

You could use homeplugs to connect from the router to your PS3 which would be alot better than wireless.