Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Issue with phase 2 sagem router

This is a discussion on Issue with phase 2 sagem router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by dsldude it wont be long before we get the phase3 routers as Sky will want to hit ...

joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Issue with phase 2 sagem router

Quote Originally Posted by dsldude View Post
      it wont be long before we get the phase3 routers as Sky will want to hit back at BT broadbands claims of the best wireless router.
      One of the CST people mentioned to me they were working on getting a new router. Wondered what these are going to be - can you elaborate?

2. Advertisement
      joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

I guess not

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

CST, or sky in general, haven't been officially briefed on N routers being released. It's simply rumours, but they more than likely will be implemented at some point. I originally heard that it was the dgn2000 and were meant to come out sometime in March, but I doubt that at this point.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I have an idea that Sky will probably continue the trend set by their V2 routers, ie it will be in the HD box corporate image style. This probably means they will get some manufacturer to shoe-horn an existing router into a V2 look-alike box and give it an exclusive name/number. I can see a rash of broken down V1s and 2s when and if they introduce it.

I don't think the DGN2000 would not be a very good choice as it lacks a lot of features not the least being QoS.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

saloonrod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi all just to say ive just had to get a new router for my mums place as her's lost wifi and was charged 28.00 for the new one !!! so told them to close the a/c i love telling them that all was get something out of them lol i had two opptions now your going to like this have a 30 credit to the a/c or half price tv for 6 months saving 70 hmmm so i pay 28 and get 2 or a 42 credit over 6 months after geting my 28 back now have i missed something i only wonted a new router lol so if you get told your going to be charged for router tell them stick the lot up there **** lol go through the termation chat then pay for router get your free stuff lol or credit's

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Mate, that took me about 5 re-reads to decipher that! A bit of punctuation wouldn't go a miss. Regarding what you said, though, that's what quite a few will of course do. Don't blame them, in honesty.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

One day Sky are going to realise what is happening and stop throwing credits to anyone giving the termination chat and Just say ok thank you and goodbye.

saloonrod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

user05 sorry was half a sleep lol

steve16751, when sky wake up and stop using tnc with there broadband it be ok.
      How can they say you must use there router and then at 12 half months, Say your router is over 12 months and were not going to replace for free when it gose wrong ?? As there holding you over by there TnC you own the router or you do when you buy one from them, if they wont you to use there router they should supply for free. When they go wrong not say you got to pay for one. if there going to give credits to keep you thats up to them. all i asked for was a free router but got credit for 70 over 6 months ?? all for a 28 router all a bit silly on there part but not going to give it oh heres 28 and then i keep to your TnC !! but even the c/s op said its silly as there not aloud to give you a router but can give you a credit for 6 months ??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123