Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just received Sagem F@ST 2504 Router from Sky today

This is a discussion on I just received Sagem F@ST 2504 Router from Sky today within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by jonathanen Is that mean the V1 Netgear was unstable even with the latest FW upgraded / installed ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: I just received Sagem F@ST 2504 Router from Sky today

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanen View Post
      Is that mean the V1 Netgear was unstable even with the latest FW upgraded / installed for the White Netgear Router.
      The V1 router with the original FW suffered horrendous issues, UPnP, drop outs etc etc - Once Sky released the new FW for the V1 - It was more or less perfect.

If you're saying Sagem is stable mostly, that means the most accurate figure for my Line Attenuation is 32 db!! Not 30.5 or 31db then unless its something to do with my OLD fashioned style wiring full of corrosion, non-NTE5 Socket, old brown Junction box, corrosion drop wire etc or maybe I'm wrong.
      I have used the Sagem since Sky sent it me to review, and have never had any issues with it. My attenuation is slightly higher, 49.5 against 46 / 47 with the Netgear, but the speed is still the same. In fact I have the Sagem connected now.

Ooh! What Line Quality means, I'm bit confused. Does it mean the current state of the phone line wiring - both external drop wire and interior wiring from junction box to Master socket & what type of Phone socket it currently using e.g. NTE5 or non-NTE5, etc.
      The attenuation is your line length from the exchange, and so should not really deviate that much, (which it hasn't in your case).

Or does it means only the noise level, at the moment, its currently set-up exactly the same as my Final ADSL Plan A except my bedroom & living room has been upgraded to Sky+ HD boxes.
      Too many beers o'clock for me - will have a look at your diagram tomorrow.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maida Vale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB x 3
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I wouldn't bother. Once you get the PSU ring them and tell them and then send the Sagem back, problem sorted.
      Ah! I get it now!! Once I get the PSU from you, I can call and tell Sky that I have fixed the PSU in the end (a lie) and decided to contiune using my previous White Netgear, posting to Sky their Sagem back.

That's a good thing that I didn't post back my White Netgear to Sky yet!! Even my girlfriend doesn't like the Sagem Router too, she hated it so, so much, she loved the way when the lights flashing (both Internet & Port 1 lights flashing) on White Netgear so much while I'm downloading something, funny thing is she says to me "Put the White Router back!!" laughs...

Thanks

Or shall I just tell Sky to send me a replacement PSU for the White V1 Netgear as a backup, just in case your PSU gets damaged too while I send back their Sagem at the same time.

I just managed to get my previous Netgear V1 Router back on with the dodgy PSU, but I have to be very carefully now, trying not to move the wiring for my PSU otherwise my Router just go off!!

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I don't know if Sky would send out just the PSU

As for damaging mine, it don't make any difference to me, I don't use it. If you get the PSU and it fails in the future, I am sure Sky would send you a replacement router anyway.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

she loved the way when the lights flashing (both Internet & Port 1 lights flashing) on White Netgear so much while I'm downloading something,
      Does it not do that on the Sagem? Mine does. Especially when someone uses the wireless as well, then the backup drive, and the network printer, looks like a Christmas tree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Does it not do that on the Sagem? Mine does. Especially when someone uses the wireless as well, then the backup drive, and the network printer, looks like a Christmas tree.
      She meant that nice & quite big lights that can see very clearly from bit of a distance, but on Sagem, the lights are too small and she hated the design too!!

I prefer the White one more and she too, I guess we're used to the White Netgear so, so much!

Its looks like I got back the way I wanted, e.g. 108 Mbps wireless connection, plus detailed stats and YES! Back to 31 db - both my favourite & lucky number!

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I too find the Sagem to be stable, more so than the two netgear DG934Gs I've managed to get hold of and apparently, according to Sky, will work better with ADSL2+ than the netgears.

The only issue I have with it is that my noise margin drops throughout the night due to a REIN issue that I'm currently getting investigated but the Sagem never recovers fully in the morning unless I reboot it, it seems to be holding onto the errors on the line for some reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12