Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

NetGear WGXB102?

This is a discussion on NetGear WGXB102? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Has anyone bought or used the NetGear WGXB102 plugs (Ethernet Bridge and Wireless Range Extender) with the Sky BB NetGear ...

RichardH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leagrave
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

NetGear WGXB102?

Has anyone bought or used the NetGear WGXB102 plugs (Ethernet Bridge and Wireless Range Extender) with the Sky BB NetGear box? After a week of solid, reliable wireless internet upstairs, I am now getting the same problems I used to get with my old Linksys box once I relocated my desktop PC to a different upstairs room, i.e. the wireless signal disappears and then (most of the time) reappears a minute or so later.

I like the sound of the WGXB102 but wondered if anyone had any experience of using it?

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Well, to answer my own question...

I took the plunge and ordered a NetGear WGXB102 kit (from Amazon). It was to hopefully get around the problem I have on my wireless desktop PC upstairs where the signal just disappears once in a while, curiously at the same time that it picks up another wireless network signal from somewhere nearby.

Anyway, my signal strength used to vary from 60% down to 43% and then it would drop all together. Now that I have the WGXB102 installed (with the Wireless resender plugged in just two feet away from the PC), I have a signal strength that is 99% of the time at 100% and 1% of the time it reports 80% strength for just a few seconds.

So, a definite thumbs up (so far!)...

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Thanks
      Thats good news and useful information for others.

Thanks

Just to confirm, since I've had this bit of kit installed the Wireless signal hasn't dropped once! 5 days and counting and it's still working at 100% signal strength for 99% of the time.

Wireless broadband over electricty seems to work very well indeed with Sky BB (although it probably helps that the router and the WGXB102 package are made by NetGear)!