Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

internet and sagem router stopped working

This is a discussion on internet and sagem router stopped working within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hi the other day i was just browsing the internet on Amazon then all of a sudden the internet cuts ...

wolfgang959 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01952
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

internet and sagem router stopped working

hi the other day i was just browsing the internet on Amazon then all of a sudden the internet cuts off, so i tried to see if i could reach the router by using http://192.168.0.1 no luck i couldn't reach the router and im using Ethernet on my desktop so i thought ide use my wireless laptop no luck again still couldn't reach the router. so i go to the router and its looks ok the lights were in the right places n flashing occasionally so i unplug it and leave it for about 10 mins, plug it back in and then the lights on the front of it went really weird.

The power light wasn't on neither were the wireless or the @ but the test light was on green aswell as all the 4 lights at the bottome of my sagem router, so i tried the rest and it was still the same. i went down stairs and took the faceplate off the bt socket and plunged it into the socket in there, it still didn't work.

i phoned up sky and did all the usual checks about 4 times and then they say there going to send me a new router because mien is obviously not working. they also told me to phone up bt to do a land line connection and bt said the line was fine and told me to get sky to do a broadband check, so i go back to sky and get them to check it and they say its working fine its just my router that is the problem.

anyway this was really bugging me cus i would have to wait upto 5 days when it is important for me to use it, so i take my router over to my mates who is down the road and plug it into his sky bb connection and it worked fine and we could get onto the internet and everything so we took his router over to my house and we plug it in to see if it works and it does the exact same thing as mien did.

i phone sky back up and tell them this and they say i just have to wait for a new router to arrive because that is the problem wen i can clearly see that that isnt the problem. come on sky help me out here.

thanks for reading ino its alot of writing but do any of you guys had this happen to you or know what to do.

p.s. yes i am using all the micro filter from the box on all telephones, and have tried swaping them over.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: internet and sagem router stopped working

if you'd got to CST and told them that you've tried 2 routers that don't work already they should've progressed it to BT to get an engineer out to you...as well as having the router on it's way...

although it sounds like a possible faulty power socket perhaps...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

so we took his router over to my house and we plug it in to see if it works and it does the exact same thing as mien did.
      Did you also use his PSU and cable? If you did, try to get through to Sky again and explain it and ask to be passed to CST. If you didn't, try them, it could be a PSU/cable problem.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

hplaisted is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi

i have just had the same problem with the same lights remaining on on the Router. Sky want me to try a changing the microfilter and to then if that doesn't work to test the line under the phone socket. did you find the problem in the end? it might save me some messing around trying things that won't work.