Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Can I use my own router with Sky's Sagem? - my Sky nightmare

This is a discussion on Can I use my own router with Sky's Sagem? - my Sky nightmare within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; PLEASE NOTE: This is my account that I can no longer access due to me forgetting the email address & ...

3rdDeath is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Can I use my own router with Sky's Sagem? - my Sky nightmare

PLEASE NOTE:
      This is my account that I can no longer access due to me forgetting the email address & password lol, if someone told me the email address I could use forgotten password.

It's been a long time now, I signed up to O2 and have had NO problems with them at all, My 4 PSP's work, the Wii and xBox 360 ALL work wireless and my wifes laptop, my dughters school laptop and my work one.

What happened in the end was as I have stated, Sky BroadBand would NOT send me a new Sagem cr@p Router as I was not in contract with them
      (was approx 4 or so months out of the 12 = 17 months...ish) but also would NOT stop taking payment out of the bank account.

We terminated everything, the Sky TV, Sky Talk Sky BroadBand that was set as "inactive" neither could be cancelled or re-activated LMAO!

2 days later we re-sign with them for Sky TV and Sky Talk ONLY, use O2 as a provider of BroadBand now.

The funny thing is, after all the lies they told us, "we've sent you out 3 boxes already" blah blah, "we haven't sent you a new box yet" blah blah, they have no clue what the person sitting next to them in the office is doing, they DID actualy send out a new Sagem cr@p Router to us... WHEN you are asking?

3 weeks ago! (middle of october) lmao, that's right! WAY after we cancelled Direct Debits, WAY after we cancelled our entire Sky contract i.e.
      TV / inactiveBroadBand / Talk and WAY after we re-signed up to them for just Sky TV and Sky Talk ONLY.

My advice for anyone wanting Sky BroadBand:
      They are a great company and the Internet was fast (ethernet wired) but ONLY if you are in the 12 months contract with them. if you are not in contract, welcome to hell!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

but ONLY if you are in the 12 months contract with them. if you are not in contract, welcome to hell!
      This is not the case, there are many on the forum who have had their routers replaced, foc, when 3 years into their contract, never mind 17 months. Sky expect you to use their router so must replace it, if it is faulty.

You have been one of the unlucky ones, whose account was messed up through no fault of your own. Make sure you are not being charged by Sky for broadband again, they may have put you through for the full package. One other thing, if you have signed up for Sky Phone Rental, be careful you are not switched to the SVBN, you will then be cut off from O2 broadband.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

lol ok Isitme was just me that got the unlucky Sky rolled dice.
      as I said earlier in my posts, my friend had been done over aswell, they told him ALL the same reasons they told me

I just checked the MySkill bill, they are not charging us for BroadBand however, we are being charged for multiroom? we have the normal (basic) white Panasonic box. not sure if this is due to us signing up for HD though so will keep an eye on that.

What is SVBN may I ask?

Thanks

Sky's Voice and Broadband Network, which is not compatible with other ISPs. In fact there are quite a few on it who are having problems with Sky broadband. It only applies if you have Rental, it does not apply if you have Calls only.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

ok thanks for your help I must say though, I am panicking now

Under Your Sky Talk we have
      Sky Talk Unlimited.
      Sky Talk Line Rental
      Voicemail <--- not sure what this is about, I never knew we had that! lol

Thanks

There was an option to opt out of the move to SVBN, but I am not sure if it is still available. I am sorry if I am giving you something else to worry about, but it would be better finding out now, rather than having your broadband just disappear one day, because you have an incompatible line.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

so true mate and appreciate it very much
      I have asked over at the O2 forum to see what they say, fingers crossed I am fine lol.

Many thanks for your help.

Sean

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123