Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What is this please anyone?

This is a discussion on What is this please anyone? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Jun 10 18:12:09 (none) user.alert kernel: Intrusion -> IN=ppp_0_38_1 OUT= MAC= SRC=222.208.183.218 DST=90.197.229.122 LEN=40 TOS=0x04 PREC=0x00 TTL=110 ID=256 DF PROTO=TCP ...

JoshW02 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Exclamation What is this please anyone?

Jun 10 18:12:09 (none) user.alert kernel: Intrusion -> IN=ppp_0_38_1 OUT= MAC= SRC=222.208.183.218 DST=90.197.229.122 LEN=40 TOS=0x04 PREC=0x00 TTL=110 ID=256 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=12200 DPT=1080 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

Jun 10 18:16:17 (none) user.alert kernel: Intrusion -> IN=ppp_0_38_1 OUT= MAC= SRC=90.197.179.117 DST=90.197.229.122 LEN=64 TOS=0x04 PREC=0x00 TTL=43 ID=43961 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=3260 DPT=135 WINDOW=53760 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

Found it in the routor log.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      JoshW02 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: What is this please anyone?

Hello can anyone help me please see above.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

JoshW02 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Why is this happening it didnt happen on any other ISP I have ever had and I loose WiFi connection sometimes when it happens and "phantom" wifi networks also appear.

Thanks

If you untick Known DoS attacks and Port Pcans you will not see it. This was probably disabled in your previous routers. You should also make sure that Disable port Scan and respond to ping are unticked in the WAN setup. Unless you understand what it is for and use it, also untick Default DMZ server.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I loose WiFi connection sometimes when it happens and "phantom" wifi networks also appear.
      This would have no effect on your wireless connection. What "phantom" networks are you referring to? If you have an unknown wireless connection being made to your router, this is far more worrying than router intrusion attempts.

TomD

Useful Utilites

JoshW02 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

So basically this is just normal operation of the rutor just some extra logging settings where ticked. ill make sure on the other settings and as for the networks basically my rutor kept going down the other week (i was checking the log and found the above log stuff) but at the same time my laptop had to keep reconnecting to the routor and a public BT openzone connection kept showing up as well as one other both public but they nv use to come up and dont anymore and btw no bt openzone public network is even in my area its all residential checked the bt website 2 hope i have made sense thanks.

Thanks

I don't really know anything about BT Openzone, like you I thought it was only available in public places like Starbucks, Libraries etc. Are you sure it was not someone with a BT router which would broadcast a similar SSID? If so it may now be hidden. As more and more people join in the the wireless revolution, so the use of it becomes more and more difficult. If you do not have it, download Netstumbler from the link below. If it is compatible with your adapter, it will show the networks in your neighbourhood, including the channels they are using. Change the channel in your router to one as far from those in use as possible. This may help your drop outs.

TomD

Useful Utilites

JoshW02 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Thumbs up Re: What is this please anyone?

Thanks for all your advice. As for BT open zone I think i tried to connect to it once it failed anyway but the weird log is no longer showing up nor the other networks. It would be strange if someone in a residential property had changed their SSID to make it look like open zone and left their network unsecure but could happen. Net stumbler wouldn't work for my adapter (it could be cause its an N I don't know) but the connection has stopped dropping so everything's fine. And I remember I did have to change the channel when I got the router. I am not new to wireless connections just kind of new still to Sky so thanks for your help. I shall be leaving the forum now thanks again.