Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem Router Range terrible

This is a discussion on Sagem Router Range terrible within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hiya im a newbie on here. Basically thing is i have a sagem router and its teribble. It can reach ...

ruane89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 028 41774225
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem Router Range terrible

Hiya im a newbie on here. Basically thing is i have a sagem router and its teribble. It can reach certain rooms in the house when connected at either side of the house. Problem is my xbox is in one room at one end of the house and computers and laptops are used at the other end. Basically anytime i want use xbox or pc needs to be used the router has to be moved and its a pain in the ass.

I was reading about channels and that but i dont actually understand what that means. Could someone advise me to what i should do

2. Advertisement
      joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router Range terrible

The Sagem router has 13 channels for your wireless. 1 to 13. You can use any one you want.
      Your neighbours might also use wireless connection. Say your on channel 11 and so is your neighbour then there is potential for clashes. channels are just like radio frequencies if that helps you understand?
      You could try downloading Net stumbler http://www.stumbler.net/download.php...ller_0_4_0.exe

Install to desktop and run it. it will find other wirless users and tell you what channel they are using so you chose a channel that does not clash.

To access your wireless settings within your router then login to your router and navigate to the set-up tab then your into the wireless settings. Look at the 3rd box down called Channels. This is where you can change the wireless channels. once done don't forget to save. Try channel 11
      Last edited by joss; 09-06-09 at 08:00 PM. Reason: damn it forgot to add

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router Range terrible

Have you thought of using an ethernet connection via homelink/poweline adapters.