Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless settings apply button

This is a discussion on Wireless settings apply button within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys. I have just received a Sagem router from Sky as a replacement for my v old Netgear. I ...

cfoulstone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Wireless settings apply button

Hi guys.

I have just received a Sagem router from Sky as a replacement for my v old Netgear.

I have a reasonable network in my home:
      Hardwired -
      two 8 port switches, a wireless access point, two printers, a NAS, a media receiver under TV and a desktop PC.
      Wireless - 3 laptops and a Wii

Because of this I intend to replicate the settings from my old router into the new one. I've changed the IP address and all of the security to match my old settings for ease but I'm stuck with the last little bit - I know it's not really important but I wanted everything to match!

So I changed the SSID to my required option and selected channel 12 for the wireless access as I know this had no interference with cordless phones and other wireless tech in my home. However, when I press the 'apply' link nothing happens. I've rebooted the router, restarted my browser and even swapped the connection between the PC and device from wireless to ethernet but still it will not apply my changes.

Can any of you shed any light on this problem and point me in the right direction to fix it??

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Wireless settings apply button

Did you change SSID and channel at the same time? Is it just the channel not changing?

cfoulstone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Wireless settings apply button

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Did you change SSID and channel at the same time? Is it just the channel not changing?
      Paul, it was that nothing was updating - the page was not refreshing at all.

I have since realised that I had a space is the SSID and, once removed, it worked fine.

Cheers anyway!