Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sagem Lan Mac Address

This is a discussion on Sagem Lan Mac Address within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hi all. just received a sagem router from sky. on the bottom of the router is the Network Key (8 ...

kevpc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sagem Lan Mac Address

hi all. just received a sagem router from sky. on the bottom of the router is the Network Key (8 Caps Letters) and a Mac Address. as i wanted to get my username and password from the router, i connected it up to get the info to use in the password generator. i was surprised to find that the mac address on the bottom of the router is the same as that showing in the router under 'maintenance tab, then router status and under Lan Port-Mac Address. have i gone to the wrong place in the router, gotten the wrong info, or have sky started putting this info for all to see?
      sorry if this has been asked before

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Lan Mac Address

the LAN mac has always been in the router page - in all the routers...

why do you want to use another router? what do you need to use that the Sky one doesn't do?...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

tnx for reply but you didnt read the post correctly and are misunderstanding what i am saying and asking.
      1st: i was not aware that the LAN MAC address was printed on the bottom of the sagem router. i thought that the only way to get the LAN MAC Address was to open up the router settings pages and get it from there. the key is the same on the bottom of my router as in the settings page. i thought this strange.
      2nd: i didnt say i was going to use another router. however, if i have problems with the sagem, as i have read here that so many others have had, i will use my own router until sky exchange it for a netgear and then try that. i would therefore need the username and password or have no internet. if i cant then get a decent connection with the netgear in the upstairs of my house, i will go back to using my own again.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Sky can't exchange yours for a Netgear - it's pot luck whether you get one as they can't specify which you get...

And it's always been said on here the MAC on the bottom of the router is the one needed for the username/password generator - and that it's the same as the LAN MAC address in the router status page...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

There is a reason for having the LAN MAC and serial number on the router label and in fact on the box, this is scanned into Sky's system and actually generates the information needed to connect the router. Until this is done the router will not connect to Sky's servers. If the only way to get the LAN MAC was to fire up the router, it would be difficult for Sky, as it would be very slow and labour intensive.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

tnx for replies, guys.
      my apologies, IAmNotTheEnemy. i stand corrected. not seen that info otherwise would not have posted. as for changing the router, was told by sky that, although you get what is sent to start with, if any problems you can then specify which router you want. whether that will work in practise or not, remains to be seen. however, from what i recall, the sagem has poor wireless range as opposed to the netgear. if i cant connect my laptop when upstairs, or it keeps dropping the connection, i will expect an exchange for a router that works as it should.
      also,what you say makes sense, Isitme.
      connection day is tomorrow, so all will be revealed.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You cannot specify what router you receive, as has been said it's down to pot luck what the logistics group worker grabs from the shelf.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

If you wish to use your own router, you would need the username and password to put into yours.

Using your own router is against the Terms and conditions of Sky Broadband and could result in you being kicked off. However, afaik there is not one reported case of this happening. Whilst I don't condone using your own router, that choice is yours and you are are (or should be) capable of making your own decisions in life, without us telling you what you can or cannot do.

Getting your V1 and V2 router passwords - the safe way

Non-Sky Router Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The Sagem router is absolutely solid in my usage of it and has been for months. One of the most common complaints is poor wireless signal, which can easily be rectified by changing the wireless channel.

Sagem F@ST 2504 - How to change the Wireless Channel

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

to PaulSky:
      i am only saying what the sky customer services guy told me. if the sagem doesnt work, you can then ask for a netgear.
      to NewsreadeR:
      not disputing what you are saying at all but if the sky router doesnt give the connection it should, or some other problem is apparent, until sky resolve that problem, i will use my own equipment. after all, i would be paying for a service that was not being provided and neither sky nor any other company can do that. however, as i said previously, all will be revealed tomorrow, so i will wait to see how things perform. appreciate the comments from all tho.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Errr...

"after all, i would be paying for a service that was not being provided"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast