Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sagem Lan Mac Address

This is a discussion on Sagem Lan Mac Address within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; ^^^^^^^^^^^ Base costs 5 a month unless you have Skytalk, only then is it free...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sagem Lan Mac Address

^^^^^^^^^^^
      Base costs 5 a month unless you have Skytalk, only then is it free

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      kevpc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

been connected for a few days now and all seems to be ok. just one curious thing that perhaps someone can tell me, please. have had 3 different isps before moving to sky, all on 8meg service. my adsl link speed with the other isps was around 8024kbps-downstream and 448kbps-upstream. with sky, it is 7616kbps-downstream and 416kbps-upstream. anyone tell me why the drop? will it make that much difference and will i actually notice it in practice?

TIA

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

the 448kbps is BTW's upstream speed...Sky's always been 416 on Base/Mid and 768 on Max...

as the half meg drop in downstream - what's your stats at the mo? might be a setup issue or DLM (more than likely DLM, I assume you're read your welcome letter?)...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi again, IAmNotTheEnemy. tnx for reply. appreciate it can take around 10 days to stabilise the connection (sometimes longer), but just seemed a little strange that it should be lower than when with other isps. did have a 3meg (3072-downstream, cant remember upstream)connection at first, but that changed after 1 day. because different sites have different download speeds available, hard to tell if the speed difference is due to the site or Sky. is the adsl link speed likely to increase?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

If you're on Base it'd never have been over 2Mbps so starting on 3Mbps seems a bit weird...might be worth checking what package you're on...

also, taken from the bottom of the Sky info page on Sky.com...

Sky Broadband - broadband deals exclusive to Sky TV customers

*Broadband: You must subscribe to your chosen Broadband product for 12 months. Monthly subscription: Base 5; Mid 10; Max 15; you’ll get 5 off each month provided you take Sky Talk. Sky Talk pricing and call rates may vary, current rates can be found at sky.com/skytalk. Broadband Connect product at 17 pm is available to customers outside our network area. Monthly usage limits: Base – 2GB; Mid – 40GB; Max – Unlimited; Connect – 40GB & subject to Traffic Management Policy. Maximum upload speed: Base –400Kb; Mid –400Kb; Max –768Kb; Connect –448Kb. Home installation 50. If your PC/laptop is not wireless enabled, you can buy the necessary equipment from Sky. Wireless coverage depends on variable factors within the home. MAC users receive 12 months free McAfee VirusScan worth 19.99.

The upload speeds are due to change soon though...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Post your stats.

As IANTE says, previously although you were with different ISPs, they were all using the BT ADSLMax service. Sky LLU is different, if you are on Mid or Base you upload will be around 400Mbs, if you are on Max your upload will be up to 800Mbs. Unless you do a lot of uploading, such as regularly servicing a web site, the few Kbs difference will not make any difference to you.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

on mid package, mate, so 8meg (max 760 down and 48 up?). was more concerned with the lower upload speed than the lower download speed. the adsl link speed difference with Sky made me curious. will see if there is any change at end of the DLM period. tnx for info, guys. appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12