Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DG934G - configuring a network with a separate gateway (or something..?)

This is a discussion on DG934G - configuring a network with a separate gateway (or something..?) within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hellooo, slight n00b here, 1st post. I've tried to find any other threads on this but couldn't, so feel free ...

dbjc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

DG934G - configuring a network with a separate gateway (or something..?)

Hellooo, slight n00b here, 1st post.

I've tried to find any other threads on this but couldn't, so feel free to shout at me if there are as long as you let me know where.

I had to cancel my sky package upon moving house due to lack of signal at the new address. Like many others I found myself with my sky router left on my hands but locked from other ISPs. I know I can hack it to some new and potentially cunning firmware, but I can't really afford the risk of bricking it, so that's not on the table at the moment.

Now, I have an ADSL line working with an old(ish) one-port router (BT Voyager 210) and would like to configure that as a WAN gateway for my DG934G. Thus I would be using my DG934G to manage my LAN, with the Voyager plugged into one ethernet port supplying the signals to and from the WAN.

Is this possible? How do I do it? Any help is very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: DG934G - configuring a network with a separate gateway (or something..?)

I can't see why you cannot flash the router. There is a chance of bricking it, but as long as you follow the instructions, the chance is slim. It is useless to you or anyone else as it is so you don't have a lot to loose really.

I am not certain if it will work with the old 210, but if you want you can try this.
      Plug the netgear into your PC with an ethernet cable, go to the LAN settings and change the IP address to 192.168.1.254. Disable the DHCP server. Make sure you save all changes.
      Plug an ethernet cable into one of it's ethernet ports(do not use the WAN port) and into the ethernet port of the BT 210. It should be found and pass through to your PC. If it is not, try rebooting the BT210, the netgear and your PC.

You should be able to use any of the free ports and the wireless.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dbjc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Many thanks, that was quite easy really! All set up now. Thank you!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Glad your fixed

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.