Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Skys router

This is a discussion on Skys router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Dear All, are you all siting comfortably...i am currently using skys poor wireless router sagem .......and a few days ago ...

ashey4781 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Skys router

Dear All,

are you all siting comfortably...i am currently using skys poor wireless router sagem .......and a few days ago i bought a belkin n150 router cost me 60 notes...whn i got it home i found that i could not configure it to asked me for a username and password...which at first i thought was my account to log in to my emails.........@sky.c0m....

having now researched the tinternet i now know it is not this is the lan mac code ending in ........@skydls.....

but i cant find the password.....

i phoned some dipstick at sky who was very unhelpful who stated that he couldnt tell me the username and password because i hsould be using skys router and not my own...what a jobsworth.....

i told him that there your router does not work and he said he would send out another one in 5 days ....

he said its against the terms and conditions....and i you are breaching the tcs due to the fact that you cant provide me a service ...

after 20 mis we agreed to disagree

can anyone tell me what the username and password would be so that i can connect another router to sky.....

and i dont me the admin,sky one....

oh can anyone tell me if i can use a bt hub as a are driving me mad...may be a time to depart....

this is my current sky router...... . Sagem F@ST 2504 Wireless Modem Router-Sky(DG934G) Boxed on eBay, also Wireless Routers Access Points, Wireless Networking, Networking, Computing (end time 06-May-09 15:19:56 BST)

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      St Helens
      Blog Entries

Re: Skys router

First off, calling someone a dipstick or a jobsworth is not really fair, when they cannot retaliate or refute your claims. They are only doing what their employer's are telling them to say.

That aside, you agreed to use only Sky's router when you signed up to their broadband.

Secondly, you could always change the wireless channel on the Sagem to see if any better.

Thirdly -

Getting your V1 and V2 router passwords - the safe way

Non-Sky Router Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If you decide to use your own router, that's fine by us, as long as you are aware, that Sky could terminate your broadband account. But we ain't here to judge you or put you off, its absolutely your call.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Try having a look in this section -
      Technical help

It is well known that Sky will not give these details, would you do something which would endanger your job? I don't think so.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

I'd love to have had that argument - Sky T&C's FTW!!! lol!!!

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket