Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help... trying to connect to xbox live but DNS fail

This is a discussion on Help... trying to connect to xbox live but DNS fail within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi i'm hoping somebody here can help ive tried all i can with my limited computer skills. Just signed up ...

Chesters1981 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0116
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help... trying to connect to xbox live but DNS fail

Hi i'm hoping somebody here can help ive tried all i can with my limited computer skills.

Just signed up to the max package and have the new sagem router. I am running my xbox directly to the router by ethernet cable. I have logged in and reserved the ip address on the router and did what i was told to the firewall but no matter what i try i get ip confirmed and dns fails every time. Ive tried inputting the dns address for the router manually on the xbox and everything. Was going to get Opendns but it seems that sky have removed the option to do this. Any ideas ? Would changing the router solve this or should i switch to another provider as it seems i'm not the only one with this issue ?

2. Advertisement
      james. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Help... trying to connect to xbox live but DNS fail

I cant believe no ones come up with the answer for you, my technical knowledge is non existent but all I can say is I connected my xbox 360 to the sagem router on sky bb using ethernet cable but didn't need to do anything to the firewall it was just straight into getting shot on cod! Have you tried looking on the xbox help and faq page it tells you what to do, like setting dns server to automatic and things and if you dont get any joy, theres a number for customer services who will talk you through everything to get it sorted.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Help... trying to connect to xbox live but DNS fail

Maybe if you had posted in the Gaming section, or even had a look at this tutorial Setting up Xbox 360 and Netgear V1 router for Xbox Live your would find the answer. I do not use the Xbox myself, but I know for a fact that dozens if not hundreds on the forum do, with little problem.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.