Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Forwarding DG834GT to another router (DD-WRT).

This is a discussion on Forwarding DG834GT to another router (DD-WRT). within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey, I just got my linksys wrt (WRT54Gv4) router (Flashed with DD-WRT v24) today as i get really bad wireless ...

Ryuzaki is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Forwarding DG834GT to another router (DD-WRT).

Hey, I just got my linksys wrt (WRT54Gv4) router (Flashed with DD-WRT v24) today as i get really bad wireless range with my sky netgear DG834GT (DGTeam firmware V1.02.16 - DGTeam Rev. 0848).

I was wondering if it could be possible for me to able to able to connect the two routers so I can send the linksys signal through my home. I have tried simply connecting it through ethernet through the linksys WAN port (this blocks every port even after DMZing).

Any ideas? Sorry for my poor grammer, I don't have any excuses for that =].

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Forwarding DG834GT to another router (DD-WRT).

Anyone? ...

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You will have to change the IP address on the Linksys to the same range as the Netgear, say 192.168.0.254, turn off it's DHCP server and connect one of it's ethernet ports to one of the Netgears ethernet ports. If you have your PCs set up to use the Netgear wireless, set up the Linksys with the same SSID and password. You may have to turn off the wireless in the Netgear to avoid interference. There is little chance of it, but you are better reducing the range of the Netgear to 192.168.0.2 to 253, to avoid the Linksys address being allocated to another machine.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You will have to change the IP address on the Linksys to the same range as the Netgear, say 192.168.0.254, turn off it's DHCP server and connect one of it's ethernet ports to one of the Netgears ethernet ports. If you have your PCs set up to use the Netgear wireless, set up the Linksys with the same SSID and password. You may have to turn off the wireless in the Netgear to avoid interference. There is little chance of it, but you are better reducing the range of the Netgear to 192.168.0.2 to 253, to avoid the Linksys address being allocated to another machine.
      I have tried this, unfortunately I end up losing my internet connection through the linksys and windows tells me to check my gateway.

Thanks

unfortunately I end up losing my internet connection through the linksys
      I am afraid I don't understand this. If you are able to connect to the internet through the Linksys, what is your problem? Do you connect then loose the connection? If so is the Netgears connection to the internet staying up?
      You have connected to an ethernet port on the Linksys, not the WAN port as you mentioned. The WAN port is meant to be connected to a modem, if you connect it to a router your may have problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Internet works, but every port is blocked. I cant use my 360, P2P applications or any online games with it.

Thanks

Where are the ports being blocked? I did not think the ports on the Linksys would come into play at all. If they are, it seems it is still trying to be the 'boss' rather than the servant of the Netgear.
      I am not familiar with the Linksys but some routers have a function where you can disable NAT as well as DHCP, this may help. Some also have a function where you can set the WAN port to 'Switch' which may be worth a try if you have this function. A switch is all you want it for really. You would need to connect to the WAN port and not ethernet for this to work.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

I found the switch and it works like a beauty! Thank you so much! I've been working for days on this.

Thanks

Glad you are sorted out

TomD

Useful Utilites

LinkBacks (?)