Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router return

This is a discussion on Router return within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just received the following email from Sky - You may recall that some time ago we sent you a new ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Router return

Just received the following email from Sky -

You may recall that some time ago we sent you a new
      Sky Broadband router to replace the one which you were having
      difficulties with.

Sky believes in taking action to reduce our impact on the environment. As part of this, we are increasing the recycling and environmentally friendly disposal of unused Sky Broadband routers and we are striving to promote best practice in relation to the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations. To help us achieve this we would appreciate it if you could return your unused Sky Broadband router so that we can make sure it gets recycled or disposed of appropriately. We offer free 'take-back' or postage, for all waste Sky electrical products.

All you need to do is click on the link below and we will arrange to send you pre-paid packaging in the next few days. Once you receive your package simply pop in your unused Sky Broadband router together with the original Power Supply Unit and mail it back to us. Electrical equipment can be hazardous to the environment if not
      disposed of properly.

So do your bit for the environment and send off your old unused Sky Broadband router now!

To learn more about how Sky is helping the environment click here

Kind Regards,

Sky Broadband Team
      I returned mine over 2 years ago

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Router return

Dear lord, have they finally started sorting out the chase backs? Shame they don't seem to know what has already gone back to them.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I sent back the broken one I had with the freepost sticker that came with the router.

I also sent the refurb one back when I went to O2.

It makes sense but it has taken them a while to realise that they are bleeding hardware.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Thanks

Maybe they have suddenly realised that they have 2.5 million users but have sent out 3 million routers.
      I have just checked and sent mine back in April 2007. Do they really think anyone is going to have broken gear lying around all that time.

@U/Adrian
      Did they acknowledge you had sent yours back?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

HI Tom I have 4 routers 1 in use I think as been said they are needing routers because of the amount of new Customers joining and the amount they have sent out which one do they want me to send the ones that are working or the ones that they think are not. The only one which was informed from Sky that was best for my line which have not yet received is the sagem I have DG934G but then again I have 2

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Maybe they have suddenly realised that they have 2.5 million users but have sent out 3 million routers.
      I have just checked and sent mine back in April 2007. Do they really think anyone is going to have broken gear lying around all that time.

@U/Adrian
      Did they acknowledge you had sent yours back?
      Nope I never got an acknowledgement that they had got it back either time.

Although this is being handled by the same company that does the Sky gnome for them, I think they must be charging Sky a fair bit for doing the routers.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Thanks

I had sent a email advising I had sent it back about 2 years ago and got a reply back -

Dear Tom,

Thank-you for your e-mail regarding our router recycling initiative.
      We will update our records accordingly.

Thanks again
      Sky Broadband Team

Something gone wrong with formatting

TomD

Useful Utilites

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Isitme
      Hi Tom got email today same as yours do you think some one is reading the threads

Thanks

As I said earlier, someone has realised they have given out a lot more routers than they have customers. At one stage it was ridiculous, every one who phoned up and they could not solve it right away was sent another router. Some ended up with 3,4 or even 5 routers and just kept them, or sold them on eBay. Obviously they have been doing a bit of stock taking.

TomD

Useful Utilites