Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Steady Green Light

This is a discussion on No Steady Green Light within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Returned home last night, having been down to London to visit my son. Went to check emails and couldn't connect. ...

Rigsby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birkdale, Southport
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No Steady Green Light

Returned home last night, having been down to London to visit my son.

Went to check emails and couldn't connect. Checked the router (Sky Netgear V1 White) and no power, phone or wireless lights showing, just the 1 and 2 lights showing (Ethernet connections to desk top and printer).

Tried the reset button at the rear tried unplugging the power lead, no good. Couldn't connect to http://192.168.0.1/ either.

Had to resort to plan "B", I got a black V2 Sky Netgear router off ebay last month for just 8 and flashed it with Netgears DG834 V4.01.40 firmware.

Entered sky login and password and I'm back on line.

The only thing I can't understand is that the internet light should be solid green when connected, this is in fact solid amber, everything seems to be working ok just the light is amber.

Any ideas please.

BTW. Reported the dead router to sky and a replacement is on it's way in 3-5 days time. So it looks like it was 8 well spent (Always have a plan B)

2. Advertisement
      Rigsby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birkdale, Southport
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: No Steady Green Light

Received replacement "A Grade" Black Netgear Router this morning (took less than 48 hours to arrive).

Swopped it for the "Flashed" Black Netgear (Orange internet light) and all up and working on replacement router with a steady green light.

Just curious as to why the flashed one didn't show green but worked fine.

Thanks anyway.

Rigsby