Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable To Connect To Sky Broadband

This is a discussion on Unable To Connect To Sky Broadband within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I am trying to sort a problem out for my step dad.He has a BT Phone Line, Sky Talk, ...

jayne20091961 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Smile Unable To Connect To Sky Broadband

Hi, I am trying to sort a problem out for my step dad.He has a BT Phone Line, Sky Talk, Sky Tv, Sky Broadband.All was working fine until he had problems with his BT Phone Line. BT came out and fixed the line. The phone was then working, but, his Sky Broadband has not worked since.He has been onto BT and they say it is a Sky problem, but then when he rings Sky, they say it is BT's problem.It is driving him mad as well as costing a fortune in phone calls. Also, he is paying for sky Broadband which he is unable to use.Have you any idea as to whos this problem is down to, BT or Sky?

His line has no noise or crackles. Connects using a Ethernet Cable from Router to Comp.
      There are only 3 lights on the router. When mouse pointer in placed on the monitors (bottom right of screen) it says 'Connected'.
      He has tried different ADSL boxes but still the same, also, tried connecting Router directly into master socket.
      He has no Network.
      Layman's Terms answers would be a great help Thx

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Unable To Connect To Sky Broadband

First calls to Sky are free if you have SkyTalk so that handy.

What colour is the ADSL light on the router, is it steady or flashing?

Sky are responsible for this either way as you pay them for the service, it is their job to instruck BT to send engineers if required, not yours.

Ring them again and insist that they deal with the problem, you pay them for a service you cannot receive, they supply it, they need to instruct BT.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

As Smithy says, if you have Sky Talk calls to Support are free, so keep calling them constantly till someone takes notice.

I have seen cases before where BT have repaired a line and in doing so have taken down the broadband. They are the only ones who can fix it but they must be instructed to do so by Sky. They will take no notice of you, apart from threatening you with a large bill.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      As Smithy says, if you have Sky Talk calls to Support are free, so keep calling them constantly till someone takes notice.

I have seen cases before where BT have repaired a line and in doing so have taken down the broadband. They are the only ones who can fix it but they must be instructed to do so by Sky. They will take no notice of you, apart from threatening you with a large bill.

Step dad got through to sky customer relations. They have been very helpful so far. They have told my step dad that they will sort it out for him and get back to him. So I presume they are sorting it with BT.
      So fingers crossed he will be back online soon.
      Will come back on here when he knows anything else or is sorted.
      Many thanks to all
      This is a great site!
      Jayne

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

jayne2009196
      Hi Customer Relations are good. I had a similar problem Sky contacted Bt and Sky rang. told me what was going to happen Then rang back to see if the problem had been solved which it had. So tell him not worry be done in no time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      jayne2009196
      Hi Customer Relations are good. I had a similar problem Sky contacted Bt and Sky rang. told me what was going to happen Then rang back to see if the problem had been solved which it had. So tell him not worry be done in no time

Thanks thats good to know that it will ventually be sorted. It is sunday now, he recieved a phone call from sky today asking him if it had been sorted. It hadn't but they told h im to leave it with them and they will get onto it for him.
      Seems like its BT stalling getting it sorted.

Thanks

jayne20091961
      Hi pleased things are moving on I always say if you have a problem they are the best I remember first time I rang them they said we are technical. but if you have a problem we will help which they did. Thats Bt but don`t worry Sky will get the problem with Bt sorted and your step dads issue with Sky resolved

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      jayne20091961
      Hi pleased things are moving on I always say if you have a problem they are the best I remember first time I rang them they said we are technical. but if you have a problem we will help which they did. Thats Bt but don`t worry Sky will get the problem with Bt sorted and your step dads issue with Sky resolved

Hi Step Dad finally got a phone call from BT on monday saying that an engineer would be calling out on Tues morning. Tuesday morning came, his phone line went off for a minute then came back on again. Step Dad checked the lights on his router, all lights seemed fine, so he had a go at connecting to internet, he was so pleased it was connected. So there must of been a fault at BT end.
      So after quite a few weeks (most of which was spent ripping his hair out trying to get sky to understand his problem THEN thanks to this site I stumbled across, I gave him the number for the customer relations (which I found on here) who sorted it within a few days.
      Thank you to all that messaged me and for all the great info put on here.
      I will be sending him a link to this site for future reference.

I have only been with sky broadband since October 08 myself and have a sky line. So far I have not had any problems with sky. But, if/when I ever do, I will know where to come for help.
      Cheers all

Thanks

jayne20091961
      Really pleased everything worked out. You and your Step Dad have a good one