Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem v1.9 to Netgear DG834G LCP wont come up

This is a discussion on Sagem v1.9 to Netgear DG834G LCP wont come up within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, 1st post on this forum so please go easy. Just signed up to Sky got my Sagem (the one ...

bazza2000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sagem v1.9 to Netgear DG834G LCP wont come up

Hi,

1st post on this forum so please go easy.

Just signed up to Sky got my Sagem (the one which looks like a sky box) firmware v1.9Sky conected and everything is fine. However, I need to use VPN and it aint playing ball. So I've got an old Netgear V1 DG834GT (Not an old sky one by the way) which I've dug out to use. I've got the login and password using https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ (great piece of work this, thanks)
      I've reconfigured all of my settings, VPI 0, VCI 38, MTU 1500 etc etc, but when I plug in my NetGear the ADSL light flashes initially then goes out and repeats the cycle. Status page shows "LCP is allowed to come up"
      I assume at this point that its not even getting to the username and password authentication bit so it looks like its a connectivity issue.
      Anyone give me any pointers and to where I should start looking?

Thanks,

Bazza.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Sagem v1.9 to Netgear DG834G LCP wont come up

I assume I've asked the wrong question as opposed to asking a question that no-one has seen before?

Maybe it would be easier if I re-phrase from what I've found through browsing this forum over the past weekend.

Is It possible to connect a Netgear DG834G Version 1 (Non Sky) to Sky broadband?

If not, is it possible to re-flash with Sky Firmware (if it even exists) for v1 of these routers?

Thanks,

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It is possible to connect just about any router to Sky, but you must have the settings right, including the correct username and password. It is very easy to make a mistake with these, the information put into the generator must be accurate. As they say, garbage in garbage out.

I don't think it is possible to flash a DG834G with Sky firmware, in any case it would be pointless as you would have to flash it back to put in your username and password.

It is possible to get VPN working on the Sagem, have a look at the posts in this thread which explain how to do it.
      Sagem router and VPN

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the info,

I've checked the other thread you mentioned and it looks like the Sagem only support "NAT traversal" for VPN. I think this may depend on what the VPN Server is configured for as it doesn't appear to work for me.
      I think I need the "VPN pass-through" functionality of the Netgear routers previous supplied with Sky. I've just looked on ebay and bought a DG834GT and DG934G n ebay for 30 for both, so I'll try them both out when they arrive.