Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Connecting multiple pc's on the netgear DG934G router

This is a discussion on Connecting multiple pc's on the netgear DG934G router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have just concluded that I am having same problem. If I got 3 on same time they will ...

Netpest666 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Connecting multiple pc's on the netgear DG934G router

Hi, I have just concluded that I am having same problem. If I got 3 on same time they will cause random disconnects to the other computers.

This is badly affecting online gaming and feeling kinda sad moving from old ISP who was perfect.

If there naything to check on the router? nothing in my setup has changed since changing ISP's

Any help much appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well at least one thing has changed in your setup - You have (presumably) changed to Sky's router. I suspect wireless problems for both posters with this problem and the solution may be found by changing wireles channels (try the one which used to work for your old router if you know it) or connect with an ethernet cable or homeplug to your router.

Tashady1977 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thame
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Ok, so I managed to get 4 computers running off the hub last night, no problems. I managed to get my boy friend round and connect his laptop up to my hub wirelessly, I had my desk top running wirelessly, my daughter had her laptop on wirelessly, and my son had his desktop wirelessly, so maybe for the other laptop that we would like to connect could be a setting in there somewhere thats causing the problem? What do you think??? If so what could this be?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The plugs supplied with BT Vision will work OK with your router. Just plug one into the router and the other where you want it. They are a far better solution than wireless, especially for gaming and downloading. Wireless may be convenient for browsing, but that is about all.

In theory you can connect 253 devices to the router, but I shudder to think what sort of performance you would get. I think wireless is a bit more complicated, where a more powerful adapter can swamp out others, either reducing their speed or preventing them connecting altogether. It does not help that the Sky routers do not have what you could call outstanding wireless performance.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dom1102 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi, interesting. having a similar issue, swapped to Sky wireless broadband (Netgear DG934G router) from BT wireless broadband. The Sky router only allows one connection at a time. The previous BT router allowed multiple connections (we have 3 laptops in our house) so ruling out a bandwidth issue. I have tried the methods sugested by Felix which were not the issue (my ending i.p is also set to 192.168.0.254). Has this been resolved ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12