Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How to configure Netgear Range Max Dual Band Wireless N Router model number WNDR3300

This is a discussion on How to configure Netgear Range Max Dual Band Wireless N Router model number WNDR3300 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum, but i bought the netgear router named above ...

garethjwilliams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

How to configure Netgear Range Max Dual Band Wireless N Router model number WNDR3300

Hi guys sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum, but i bought the netgear router named above for online gameplay, first off i contacted netgear, to register the router, and they said in order for me to configure this router i would have to get in touch with sky to request my ADSL settings, is this true ????

just a little info for you i am using sky fast 2504 router/modem at the moment, when i connected the netgear, it was connecting with my laptop, but no pages were being displayed, only the configuration page was there but on the router the internet light wasnt being displayed, as the router wasnt configured i hope.

any help will be greatly appreciated

thank you

Gareth

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: How to configure Netgear Range Max Dual Band Wireless N Router model number WNDR3

You should be able to copy all the settings of the Sky router and input them into the new one.

You will need your username and password from the Sky router which Sky will not give you as in their contract you have signed you can only use the equipment they suppky.

Search this site for a way to get your router username and password.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: How to configure Netgear Range Max Dual Band Wireless N Router model number WNDR3

I am not 100% certain but I think this may be purely a router, ie, it does not include a modem. If this is the case you will have to connect to the internet through the Sagem router, using one of it's ethernet ports connected to your new router's WAN port. You will also have to change the address of the new router to the same range as the Sagem, I would recommend 192.168.0.254. You will also need to turn off the DHCP server in the new router. If you need further help with this post back

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.