Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem F@st is dead and Sky is real slow :( please help

This is a discussion on Sagem F@st is dead and Sky is real slow :( please help within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, (error in Blue ) I have been a Sky customer for about 2 years now, 14 months for ...

Needed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem F@st is dead and Sky is real slow :( please help

Hi all, (error in Blue)

I have been a Sky customer for about 2 years now, 14 months for BB & 25 months for TV and love the service. Well, I did!

It's not so much Sky's fault I suppose.

On the 22nd of December my Sagem F@st 2504 Router/Modem stopped working, no lights at all apart from the port lights to say my 360 & Laptop were still plugged in.

I was very worried as this is my baby's first Christmas and I havent seen him for about 4 months, his mum was setting up a webcam so I was so very excited.

I phoned Sky straight away, they said that the only thing they could do was send a new Router but due to Christmas post, this will turn up "whenever" (normaly 3 to 5 days)

It's now the 30th and I havent received anything apart from the usual xmas post, cards etc and the Sky TV magazine .

If I go to 192.168.0.1 on my laptop nothing comes up but if I go to 192.168.1.1
      I get a screen asking me to upgrade my firmware.

Please, what can I do?

I dont have the installation/setup CD that came with it.

I do have a BT Voyager modem.router, could I use this until my new one turns up? I am on dial up now so will check back tomorrow.

Many many Thanks

Sean

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sagem F@st is dead and Sky is real slow :( please help

Well if you can get into the firmware upgrade page then the router is still there which is strange. You would need to get the user details out of the router to be able to use the Voyager router.
      If you give sky tech support a call they can ask a SU or TL to check on where the replacement is for you, it may well be at the local Post office or Parcelforce depot now.

Deady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sagem F@st is dead and Sky is real slow :( please help

If its any consolation, our router died and they promised to send a new one. It never arrived after a week so we phoned again. They said it hadn't been sent out but now one had. Another week and still no router, phoned up again and they said it hadn't been sent out, but one had now.

Kinda gave up after another week, and fixed the router myself by using the firmware from the Sky CD. But then a week later we got a delivery of *two* brand new routers from sky.

So, keep hassling them to send you a router - and eventually one (or two) may arrive