Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Password from Voyager 2110

This is a discussion on Password from Voyager 2110 within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Help please, I have been using my Sky Broadband with a Voyager 2110 for about 16 - 20 months with ...

Meriddian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Password from Voyager 2110

Help please,

I have been using my Sky Broadband with a Voyager 2110 for about 16 - 20 months with no problems.

I however want to buy a new router and need to obtain my password for sky from this router? can anyone help?

i know by username but not password.

Does anyone know how to decipher the backup config from this router to obtain it.

Very annoyed at this lack of help from Sky

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Thanks

Re: Password from Voyager 2110

Sky will not provide you with the infomation you require as it is against the T&C's to use any other router other than the one they provide. But you can get the Username and password from the sky router (you still have it?) useing the password generator on this site.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Sky will not provide you with the infomation you require as it is against the T&C's to use any other router other than the one they provide. But you can get the Username and password from the sky router (you still have it?) useing the password generator on this site.
      Unfortunately like a numpty I flashed it with generic netgear firmware and sold it on ebay.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

ooops, that will teach you to break the T&C's

The only other way I can see is to ring Sky and tell them that your router is broken, no power lights on it and see if they will send out a replacement.

There is also a program called revelation (I think) that may allow you to see your password, you hover your mouse pointer over the ********* where the password is and it translates it for you, it doesn't work on everything though.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

bare in mind they can check what router you're using - so you're facing a bit of a battle...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      bare in mind they can check what router you're using - so you're facing a bit of a battle...
      Well if his router didn't power up, how could they tell, nothing would be connected to the line

(I don't condone this, personally, it's just a way of getting his password)

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I know, but a few of us to check lines a day or so after replacing a router to see if the line is back up...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      ooops, that will teach you to break the T&C's

The only other way I can see is to ring Sky and tell them that your router is broken, no power lights on it and see if they will send out a replacement.

There is also a program called revelation (I think) that may allow you to see your password, you hover your mouse pointer over the ********* where the password is and it translates it for you, it doesn't work on everything though.
      Smithy99 your a star revelation worked like a charm.

from the backup config file i had worked out some of the letters but not all and revelation just showed the password straight off.

A nice new Belkin N1 Vision for me today - yippee

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      Why are sky so against you using your own kit.

the V1 DG834GT had massive problems in my house with wireless drop outs so i had to go back to my voyager.

No i require the increased wireless speed on 802.11N from the belkin N1 and also the superfast Gigabit ethernet it will provide on my network.

Now if the skiy equipment had the same spec then i would happily use it however it does not so i wont.

They can kick me off if they like but they would lose a fortune as i would disconnect my full HD multi room subscription also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meriddian View Post
      Why are sky so against you using your own kit.

the V1 DG834GT had massive problems in my house with wireless drop outs so i had to go back to my voyager.

No i require the increased wireless speed on 802.11N from the belkin N1 and also the superfast Gigabit ethernet it will provide on my network.

Now if the skiy equipment had the same spec then i would happily use it however it does not so i wont.

They can kick me off if they like but they would lose a fortune as i would disconnect my full HD multi room subscription also.
      It makes it easier for them to have known equipment in their customers houses, support etc.

That's not really the point though, you took their service and by accepting the terms and conditions you also agreed to their rules, one of which is that you use the router supplied by them.

Not only did you choose to break these conditions you also chose to sell the equipment supplied by them to make a fast buck, now you are stuck in the unfortunate position of not knowing your details to connect yet another router not supplied by them, still in breach of the conditions that you agreed to.

You could have connected your "better" router to the Sky router via ethernet and used the better facilities of that router whislt not breaking any T&C's and not be stuck in the position you are now in.

It's a little ritch to get shirty about it, the fault was and is not Sky, it's you!

BTW, would the original router still have the user/pass details if someone reset it? If it does it has made selling it not only dumb but also a security risk!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast