Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting a Linksys WVC54GC camera

This is a discussion on Connecting a Linksys WVC54GC camera within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi everyone, I've got a linksys wireless camera model WVC54GC, they seem quite popular so I was wondering what experiences ...

rlnc722 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connecting a Linksys WVC54GC camera

Hi everyone,

I've got a linksys wireless camera model WVC54GC, they seem quite popular so I was wondering what experiences people had with the sky router.

I've connected the camera to the router ethernet port, switched on. The led power light is steady, as expected, and the router port (number 2) light is on also, so everything seems ok there.

Thing is, when I run the set up wizard, it cannot find the camera. I cannot log into the camera via the default IP either. The fact all the lights are on ok suggests the product is ok, so I'm wondering if there's an IP conflict or there is a setting needed on the router (I think I've just set up port forwarding on port 1024).

Anybody been through a similar thing ??

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connecting a Linksys WVC54GC camera

Have a look in the router settings and see if it is being recognised in the Attached Devices section.
      You may have to change the camera's IP to one in the same range as the router or to obtain an address automatically. ie. 192.168.0.xxx. I think Linksys devices are usually in the 192.168.1.xxx range.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Have a look in the router settings and see if it is being recognised in the Attached Devices section.
      You may have to change the camera's IP to one in the same range as the router or to obtain an address automatically. ie. 192.168.0.xxx. I think Linksys devices are usually in the 192.168.1.xxx range.
      No it is not in there. The devices in there have IPs 192.168.0.xxx like you say.

Don't suppose you'd know how to change camera settings, as I cannot connect to it to do so? [Sorry - connect the camera to the computer with ethernet cable. Bad day.]

Thanks for the reply.
      Last edited by rlnc722; 24-12-08 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Because I'm having a bad day!!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just wanted to report that camera is working fine with the new IP address.

Thanks "Isitme" - this was the push in the right direction I needed.