Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem Fast 2504 Port Forwarding for Camera

This is a discussion on Sagem Fast 2504 Port Forwarding for Camera within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi. New member today. Ranting already. Firstly, I would have gone back to my Voyager 2110 if I could have ...

Carl B is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Broughton Kettering
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry Sagem Fast 2504 Port Forwarding for Camera

Hi. New member today. Ranting already. Firstly, I would have gone back to my Voyager 2110 if I could have found the log in details. Why won't Sky let us have the necessary details? What's the reason??????????????

I have limited tech expertise but have port forwarded all the required details for remote use of a Swann PCDVR4 camera system (as per portforward.com) and have run into a brick wall. Turned off firewalls, static ips and all that stuff to no avail.

According to Swann I have to enter my Internet ip address into IE and the remote viewing software will be downloaded. It doesn't.

When I enter the ip of the computer running the Swann software into IE on another computer "locally" the software does download - but this will be no good for connecting when I am at work!

When I enter my Internet ip address - all I get is the router configuration pages, whatever I tweak!

Any suggestions?

Carl B.

P.S. Reading posts, it seems someone must have found a way to get log in details and settings. Where do I find this?
      Last edited by Carl B; 14-12-08 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Needs updating.

2. Advertisement
      naza911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stechford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Fast 2504 Port Forwarding for Camera

Sky does not let you have the password for the router, because then the router could be used with other ISP's. To get your user name and password just follow the instructions here: https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ and use your own router.
      The port forwarding on the Sagem router is a load of crap anyway, so save yourself the hassle and use a router that your are familiar with

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Fast 2504 Port Forwarding for Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
      When I enter my Internet ip address - all I get is the router configuration pages, whatever I tweak!
      That's normal behaviour for any network. If you enter your Sky IP address (90.219.xxx.xxx) from INSIDE your network - i.e. any computer connected to your router - it is effectively looking up itself on the network, the equivalent of entering 192.168.0.1, so it returns the router page.

If you enter the 90x address from OUTSIDE your network then it will resolve correctly and should hit the router firewall. So you need to do it from your work PC or find a friend or neighbour to help out. Then, dependent on which ports are open you be ok. I run a basic web server on port 80, which works fine and lots of people use port forwarding for gaming and torrents.

One way of checking basic connections is to turn on the DMZ function temporarily - this disables everything (so beware!) but from there you can start opening ports etc. to get things working. The Sagem isn't great in terms of interface but seems to do things once you get around its quirks.