Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ADSL Light Stopped Showing - Help Please?

This is a discussion on ADSL Light Stopped Showing - Help Please? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all I'd been using my new sky broadband for about 2/3 weeks with no problems at all, then last ...

jonwalkers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

ADSL Light Stopped Showing - Help Please?

Hi all

I'd been using my new sky broadband for about 2/3 weeks with no problems at all, then last Thursday I was unable to connect.

The phone line is working fine, but the adsl light wasn't showing.

After spending a fair amount of time on the phone, sky sent out a replacement router (a netgear) to see if that was the problem.

I recieved that yesterday, but it had no effect, the power light and the wireless light comes on...no adsl light at all, not even flashing, or amber

I've read that this suggests that it means no service - i.e the line hasn't been activated (which it had been) or in a more realistic scenario..deactivated?

Went back on the phone to sky last night, ran through a few tests such as "have you got microfilters in the house"..and then the more useful such as plugging into the master & then test socket - still nothing.

I was then placed on hold for around 25 minutes while I was being "connected" to another department before they hung up on me..charming.

I'm going to have to phone up again today as the light isn't showing, but is there any advice that can be offered at all?

Is there anywhere I can find out if my line has been de-activated?

Any suggestions appreciated..
      Last edited by jonwalkers; 09-12-08 at 10:47 AM.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Re: ADSL Light Stopped Showing - Help Please?

Tier 1 would have seen if the line was no longer active when they put you through the troubleshoot. When you call back make sure that you are on the stest socket if possible as it speeds things up a bit when you get to CST.

jamie22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Thanks

Re: ADSL Light Stopped Showing - Help Please?

i had the same problem as you can see my thread below that i created with the same problem.

the problem is now fixed, after phoning sky, who didnt not really help much, but it has suddenly started working again however, im about to create a new topic on how incredibly slow it now is.