Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sagem F@ST 2504 issue

This is a discussion on Sagem F@ST 2504 issue within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; alright guys, sorry for the delay, had the flu! My lines improved quite a bit, its up to 5 meg ...

jimbell1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sagem F@ST 2504 issue

alright guys, sorry for the delay, had the flu!
      My lines improved quite a bit, its up to 5 meg now which for basic, i can deal.
      Thanks for all your help, i really do appriciate it.
      One last question, whats the bandwith throttling times on sky, coz one min im getting 500kbp/s on utorrent, and the nest it drops to only 3/kpbs!!
      Im just wondering what times it's likely to be at its fastest??
      Jimbo

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You are on Connect and these are the conditions that apply, according to the T & Cs
      Traffic management of our Network
      To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the Sky Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 5pm to 12am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Sky Broadband Connect customers can get on certain applications which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth (for example peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative affect on other customers There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our network outside of peak times.
      I am not sure if BT exchange contention also applies, which could slow it further.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

jimbell1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cheers buddy, i figured it'd be something like that, cant say i blame them really.
      I get at least 500/kbps after 12 and im usually up till all hours anyway so its not a huge drag.
      Thanks again
      Jimbo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234