Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sagem F@ST 2504 issue

This is a discussion on Sagem F@ST 2504 issue within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; stuck IP profile...call Sky and they'll get BT to reset the line... having said that, I assume you're not in ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sagem F@ST 2504 issue

stuck IP profile...call Sky and they'll get BT to reset the line...

having said that, I assume you're not in your master socket as with that attenuation you should be syncing @ 8128kbps (the full 8Mbps) so it could just be due to setup your end...after changing it to master socket it can take 72hrs to adjust IP profile...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      jimbell1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Master socket??
      Im unclear as to what you mean by that, there are 4 sockets in my house, the router is plugged into the one in the hall way near the front door, i assumed that would be logical place for it.
      How do you know which one is a master socket?

Thanks again, i really do appriciate it!!
      Jim

Its ok, i just read about it on your useful thread on your post!! I'll try that tomorrow morning and get back to you with the results
      Last edited by jimbell1983; 08-12-08 at 08:30 PM. Reason: I was stupid

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you do have a Test socket behind the Master socket faceplate, try the stats from there. You will not see an improvement in the speed, but if you see a large rise in the Noise Margin, that indicates that the internal wiring is causing problems. If there is a rise and with several extension sockets, I am sure there will be, your best bet would be to fit an ADSL Faceplate. This will isolate the internal wiring and give you a good ADSL signal.

While you have the Master faceplate off, check that all your other extensions are dead. If your wiring has been done correctly, they should be.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok plugged the router into the master socket and the stats changed to:
      Line Attenuation 17.0 db 8.0 db
      Noise Margin 8.5 db 21.0 db
      not much change so i dont think its the wiring, i think im gonna have to call sky, i'll let you know how i get on
      Jim

Thanks

Did you mean you plugged into the Test socket, behind the master face plate? Were all your extensions dead with the plate removed?

I would not call a reduction of 2dbs in your attenuation and an increase in your noise margin not much change, although if this is from the Test socket it probably means you have external line faults. The noise margin should have been much higher.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yeah its plugged in right now, i took the faceplate off and all the phones in the house are now dead.
      So what would you suggest to do to fix this, when i was on talk talk in my old flat i never had this problem, i just plugged it in and bobs you're uncle, 8 meg thank you very much!!
      So do i call sky, make an encantation to the god of broadband, or perhaps revert to good old 56k dail up *shudder
      Just kidding, what do you reckon i should do next???
      By the way, you guys should take over from the sky support staff coz when i called them last week, i was put on hold for 30 mins then i got angry and hung up, you guys replied within an hour....you rock!
      Jimbo

Thanks

You are in the unenviable position of being on a BT service, but paying Sky for it. All you can do is, as already suggested by IANTE, to call Sky, hope you get someone who understands Connect and get them to ask BT to reset your Profile. Relations between Sky and BT seem to be worse than between Cinderella and the Ugly Sisters, so it is never easy to get anything done which requires cooperation.

There is a way to attempt to force a stuck profile to change, but that is probably best left as a last resort.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

lol that sounds scary!!
      I'll try sky tonight or maybe tomorrow it depends if their still open/answering the phone!!
      I'll let you know how useles......er helpful they were
      Jimbo

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

they're open 24/7...although there are issue with the call transfers of late...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok called sky, and they were as much use as a jelly hammer.
      Because im not the person who owns the account, they wouldnt help me. My lodger whos got the sky package wont call them for me becuase he only uses the internet for emails and facebook and he's not a computer man and for some odd reason seems to think he'll hit the download limit if he gets the full 8 meg.
      I need it for gaming and utorrent (sorry if we're not supposed to mention that on these boards)
      Is there any other way i can get this sorted, its not the end of the world if i cant, it would be nice though!!
      Jimbo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast