Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Router (Netgear DG934G) and Cisco VPN

This is a discussion on Sky Router (Netgear DG934G) and Cisco VPN within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Apologies guys if this has been asked before (couldn't find specific answers to my problems) or if it's in the ...

leedavies166 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Router (Netgear DG934G) and Cisco VPN

Apologies guys if this has been asked before (couldn't find specific answers to my problems) or if it's in the wrong thread.

Anyway, I moved to Sky Broadband from Eclipse (2Mb) a few months ago. I'm paying for the Sky Mid package (5Mb) and received the Netgear DG934G as my router. I used to have my own Belkin router.

The broadband speed does seem to be a bit slower than my lesser capacity Eclipse connection which is a bit weird but the main problem I'm enquiring about is the connection to my work network using Cisco VPN.

On Eclipse I used to have the same problem of the connection being 'terminated by client' but that was fixed when I upgraded the firmware on my Belkin router. All was good. Now that I'm on Sky with the new Netgear router the problem has come back. I've phoned the Sky tech support and they just say that they don't have the skills to fix VPN and it'll have to be figured out with Netgear. Problem being that Sky don't like their boxes played with.

I'd love to get back to using my old router but can't get all of the user details off the Netgear to just port across.

I've put my PCs IP in the DMZ but that didn't help.

Any help greatly appreciated. The whole point I went for the 'speedier' Sky broadband was so connection to work would be better.

Cheers
      Lee

2. Advertisement
      adamhearn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Router (Netgear DG934G) and Cisco VPN

I have the DG934 and use both Microsoft's and Cisco's VPN clients to my work and have no trouble with either.

jm42 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I had a Netgear DG834G which worked fine before we moved to Sky. Now I have a stupid Sagem Router that won't let me have more than one Cisco client VPN connection at a time. My Husband and I both need VPN connections at the same time.

When one is connected and I try and connect a second VPN connection to same address (from a different computer) the sagem router kills off the first connection. My Netgear one worked perfectly.

Adam- Can you tell me please (If you can try) if the netgear router will allow 2 VPN connections to the same place from different computers?

I'm thinking of phoning and asking if they will send me out the Netgear router instead.
      Although I don't fancy my chances.
      :-(

Sorry Lee- That's not much help- don't know if this may help:
      Instructions for setting up VPN rules on the Sky Router Netgear DG834G

Thanks

Jane

leedavies166 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Thanks guys.

I also found this which has helped me get my username and password so I should be able to use my old router and get VPN working again (fingers crossed). This does involve me breaking my T&Cs but since Sky have not been able to help me one bit and getting their 'faster' mid package was to help me work from home better not not-at-all I think I'm justified.

Anyway, look at point 79 if you have DG934G router

Sky Broadband Username and Password | Philip Nicosia

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

OR you can just go down the forum to the passwords section and use James' generator which has been there for months...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket