Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sagem and BT Home Hub

This is a discussion on Sagem and BT Home Hub within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; i have resently join Sky BB on the Connect service . Now i need to use my old BT Home ...

Jayisere is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tibshelf
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky + Multiroom
      Thanks

Sagem and BT Home Hub

i have resently join Sky BB on the Connect service . Now i need to use my old BT Home Hub as a repeater/ access point . Tryed many setups but cannot seem to get the sagem to see the home hub or the hub see the sagem....any help would be great ..cheers in advance.

2. Advertisement
      skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sagem and BT Home Hub

the only thing you need to change is the hh to get the signal from the sagem, no need to change the sagem settings

Thanks

great cheers m8...any idea what ive tried most thinks from around that net an it just not play ball

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

If you have a V2 Hub then you cant use wifi to link to it. V2 Hubs had that facility withdrawn.
      You can link to it via ethernet though. I have such a setup to enable me to use 'n' wifi.
      Can you confirm which Hub you have?
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

Thanks

White 1...says v1.5 on back...

sorry if the image is a bit large..heh

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

if it is v1 or 1.5 then
      on sagem change the wireless channel to manual and the “Channel” to channel 9. Then click on Apply
      now with the home hub connect to it via ethernet ,in an explorer window go to http://192.168.1.254 to access the hub management page.

You will get a screen saying that the Hub is not connected to broadband, do not hit the try again button, but re-enter http://192.168.1.254 at the top of the page to get to the hub manager page.

Access Advanced > Continue to advanced.
      Access Configuration > Wireless > Configure
      In the “Network Name (SSID)” box for simplicities sake, it is advisable to change the name to “Repeater” for example.

Where it says “Channel Selection”, using the drop down menu change it from Automatic to Manual. Then change the “Channel” to channel 9. Then click on Apply.

Access Configuration > Wireless > Security
      Change the WEP Encryption Key to the SAME as that of the master hub, which you should have noted down previously. Click Apply.

Access Configuration > Firewall Then set the firewall to be disabled, click on “Next” to confirm.

Next click on Configuration > IP Addresses

On the next screen uncheck the box entitled “Use DHCP Server” and then click the “Apply” button.

Below the check box, there is a list of IP addresses.
      In the spare boxes below the IP addresses table, type in 192.168.1.221 into the first box and 255.255.255.0 in the second box, click “Add”.
      Next delete the top two IP addresses from the table, by clicking on the Delete link next to the IP address

Important! Add a new IP address and subnet mask in the lower fields. Use 192.168.1.221 in the leftmost box and 255.255.255.0 in the right field. This will become the repeaters gateway address. The higher IP address ensures that the SAGEM will never issue this address on the network.

Finally delete the 192.168.1.254 IP Address from the list, this is important that this is done last. After clicking you will get a warning that you will lose connectivity, click on the “OK” button.

The browser will now disconnect from the Hub. Wait for a while till the browser stops sending data and it may display in the bottom left “waiting for http://192.168.1.221. If in doubt leave it for a minute or two.

After waiting, stop the browser sending data (usually a red X button, or the escape key) then enter into the browser http://192.168.1.221.

Access Advanced > Continue to advanced.
      Access, Configuration > Wireless > Repeater, then click on the “Scan for wireless access points” link at the bottom (OK any warning message).

Check the box under the WDS header of the table, next to the SSID of the SAGEM, which you should have noted down (Fig E).
      CLICK APPLY

NOW IT GETS HARD - this bit is very vauge but i think you might get about it

Go to the PC connected to the SAGEM and access it at http://192.168.0.1.

find under wireless something to do with repeater or wds and scan for ssid's
      Check the box under the WDS header of the table, next to the SSID of the Repeater hub

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

credit to whoever made most of above
      Last edited by skypaulusplus; 11-11-08 at 05:59 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I doubt if you will get WDS to work with the Sagem, I think you will have to connect them by ethernet. If you want to try this, have a look HERE

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I doubt if you will get WDS to work with the Sagem, I think you will have to connect them by ethernet. If you want to try this, have a look HERE
      cheers for that m8 ...think i need the WDS and that is the issue im having...my plan overall is to get xbox live into another room..without buying the xbox360 wireless adaptor..or running cable..

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have you tried what Skypaul+ says, he might be right, after all he said it twice

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast