Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Netgear DG834GT Problem

This is a discussion on Netgear DG834GT Problem within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; EDIT: Scratch that. I've changed channels to the same as someone nearby and for the while... it is working, will ...

Lurchie is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Netgear DG834GT Problem

EDIT: Scratch that. I've changed channels to the same as someone nearby and for the while... it is working, will test for a while and see.

Hello people,

I've not had any major issues apart from when I first joined which seemed to sort itself out pretty quickly.

However just yesterday I can just about connect to my Sky Router with the connection dropping and all sorts. So let me try and explain what's happening cos I'm out of ideas.

The router's in the same place it's been the last year or two and has never caused any problems.

But yesterday all of a sudden my taskbar showed limited connectivity and then no connection whatsoever. I'm using a Linksys WUSB54GSv2 wireless adapter which has been faultless after I found 64bit drivers as I am on Vista 64.

So when connection is lost I refresh windows zero config locate my sky network and hit connect only for it to say it can't connect though it locates it under the list, when I attempt to connect it now says it may be out of range.

I move my wireless USB adapter (from the place where that has sat for the last year or so with the same compter equipment around it e.g monitor and speakers) about half a metre to the right on the floor and it connects but with fluctuating speeds from 5.5mbps, to 11mbps, to 18 mbps, to 24 mbps, to 48mbps and to 54mbps back and forth between these speeds. However moving it half a metre or so means it's on the floor in the doorway and even then it's not stable.

The connection between router and adapter isn't stable and I have no idea what has caused this all of a sudden.

I have changed channels to 13 away from nearest network yet to no avail.

My other computer (which is on XP) on the same floor is having the same problem, it's probably closer to the router then I am (about 20-30 feet) and it cannot connect but the weird thing is the router is on as the lights are flashing and I know it is within range otherwise my Vista would not locate it, it locates it but windows diagnostic suggests it's out of range, anyone know why all of a sudden would it be out of range?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.
      Last edited by Lurchie; 10-11-08 at 02:53 PM.

2. Advertisement