Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem Router - WIFI problems

This is a discussion on Sagem Router - WIFI problems within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; my friend has SKY and sagem router - he's been using wifi for nearly one year - just last week ...

snadge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blaydon
      Broadband ISP: SKY Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sagem Router - WIFI problems

my friend has SKY and sagem router - he's been using wifi for nearly one year - just last week it went off and couldnt get it back on

now i tried via remote assist (cos im quite good with routers etc) to change the WIFI settings but upon clicking APPLY nothing would happen and it would keep the old setings?

the problem is this: the laptop see's THREE other wifi connections (she says her neighbour has sky but doesnt know about THREE of them) but it doesnt see her wifi connection even though its enabled...???

ive tried and tried and even deleted the connection from vista but upon refresh for detect wireless networks it keeps seeing these THREE other SKY wifi connections

now ive said I think its because one of the neighbours is transmitting on same channel as her but like i say when i change it and click APPLY it wont remember it

why is this?

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router - WIFI problems

Can your friend not do the same thing via ethernet cable to see if the same thing happens to her? It could be that the firmware has corrupted or it could just be something daft like your pc pulling an old page from cache instead of a new copy of the page from the router.

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I think I would advise first turning off the router's power at the wall and leaving it for a few minutes before powering up and trying again. If no change, try pressing the reset button for a few seconds while powered.

snadge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blaydon
      Broadband ISP: SKY Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

thanks

will give those a shot next time they come on msn

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If it has been working OK for a year and suddenly stopped working, that is not being able to find the connection, chances are the router or the wireless adapter is faulty. With the router not holding the changes, I suspect it. If your friend can see and attempt to connect to another network, it is unlikely to be the adapter. The only way to find out for sure is to try another laptop with the router or try connecting the laptop to another router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.