Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DG834GT v. DG934G - should I upgrade?

This is a discussion on DG834GT v. DG934G - should I upgrade? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; There's a bug in the 943 firmware which gives problems for some customers on Mid syncing with low speeds (from ...

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: DG834GT v. DG934G - should I upgrade?

There's a bug in the 943 firmware which gives problems for some customers on Mid syncing with low speeds (from memory the upstream syncs at 384 causing the upstream to stick at 160 - something like that anyway). The bug can be overcome by CST manually setting the upstream to 416kbps. The new firmware will force this change but only for Mid customers. Max is 764/768.

The CST agent has got himself confused about that or maybe you misunderstood what he was saying (I suspect the former).

Though there's been conjecture about locking an account to just one router MAC I've heard nothing concrete. If that agent was "in the know" about imminent changes then I'm rather surprised that no other agents who post on this forum have said anything.
      Last edited by Saturday; 15-10-08 at 03:09 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

In the next week or so changes to the DG934G router are being rolled out that will limit everyone to an upload speed of 416kbps
      There will be a lot of very annoyed Max customers if this is true.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sibling Chris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leabrooks
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      There's a bug in the 943 firmware which gives problems for some customers on Mid syncing with low speeds (from memory the upstream syncs at 384 causing the upstream to stick at 160 - something like that anyway). The bug can be overcome by CST manually setting the upstream to 416kbps. The new firmware will force this change but only for Mid customers. Max is 764/768.
      that makes more sense to me. Although I am a max customer currently fixed at 416kbps. I may quesiton this the next time (inevitably) I speak with an an engineer

The CST agent has got himself confused about that or maybe you misunderstood what he was saying (I suspect the former).
      well I'd like to think it was the CST agent, but I'm open to correction also

Though there's been conjecture about locking an account to just one router MAC I've heard nothing concrete. If that agent was "in the know" about imminent changes then I'm rather surprised that no other agents who post on this forum have said anything.
      well I'm tempted to plug in the old router and see what happens.
      I won't be breaking any T&Cs since its propvide by sky and I've not tinkered with it.

strangely though my sync speeds still seem to be goign up and dwon like a yo-yo at the moment

yesterday the engineer tried me on ADSL2 - which increased my downlaod speed ever slo slightly but started giving CRC packet errors, so I was switched back to G.dmt. Also I have a relatively noisy line he increased the target noise level and things seemed to stabelise.

He had me surfing and trying youtube and stuff - seemed good synced at about 3768kbps download speed

....however as I said it seems to be yo-yo-ing again. I'll give it a couple of days to calm down before I call back again.

I suspected it may be the fault of my extension or surge protector, but I've tried with and without and on the main socket again and things still seems a bit erratic.

I've had max delays reduced and I know this can effect the download speeds sometimes. I am also startign to wonder if I am going to have to haev max delays put back to what they were.

Wierdly though last night, I had for a period a 3.5mbps synced download speed but it appeared more like 56kbps dial-up for a period of time! My xboxlive ICMP check kept failing as a result (not good when you;ve just got a code for participating in the "Call of duty:World at War" beta tests )

cheers
      Chrios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12